chapter 10

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written as a collaboration by both Xo Bella Italiana oX and Katara Melody Cullen. If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. We hope that you enjoy the story and look forward to reading your reviews. - B

Chapter 10

(Crystalline's POV)

Jasper and I were just reclining in his study relaxing in each other's arms as I curled up on his lap as he went through one of the older books that he had finished correcting and showing me the truth of what happened in the time of the Civil War.

It was so fascinating that when the sound of knuckles echoed against the wood slightly startled me as two someones knocked on the door. I knew who it was judging by their feminine scents and the fact that I new that my Mother wasn't amongst them.

Sighing, I really didn't want to get up from Jasper's contented embrace, so told them to enter rather than get up to go and answer them double wooden doors to the study myself.

It was then that my two new sisters, Alice and Rosalie, entered the room so gracefully that I could practically picture their gracefulness belonging to a ballerina. Their smiles on their faces, especially Rosalie's, looked as though they would belong in a magazine add for just about anything from dental care to clothing.

I shook my thoughts away and returned their smiles as I tilted my head, causing me to rest my head against Jasper's temple.

"Hello ladies, what can me and this little filly do for you?" Jasper asked in a joking manner as it pinched my ribs, resulting me to fall into a round of giggles before he removed his fingers and pressed a lingering kiss to my neck before pulling away completely so that I could pay attention to our two siblings as they smiles at our little display of affection.

Alice was the first to speak. "Well, Rose and I wanted to take Tally out shopping and use you as a Barbie doll. Also we wanted to get to know you better so that we can form that sisterly bond." She said happily, looking back towards Rose, who had on an agreeable smile not nearly as enthusiastically as Alice's. I had heard that she had a tough human life when it came towards the end that resulted in her change, though, I was sketchy on the details, just like everyone else's stories – aside from Edwards since our earlier talk. My parents believed that it wasn't them who needed to be telling me everything, so they just gave me the basics.

Focusing my thoughts on the situation at hand, I looked at her and Rose, and then looked back at Jasper to see him smiling at me before sending me an encouraging emotion, though I could also tell that he was reluctant to part from me, but knew that this outing with my new sisters would be beneficial.

I sent my gratitude towards my new mate before turning back to Alice and Rosalie with a smile fully of excitement. "That sounds great, so I'll go. But we go by my rules, Alice. I've heard about you and your shopping addiction." I narrowed my eyes on her and she gave me an innocent look that clearly said 'who me?' I couldn't help but laugh at that. "I've heard about your shopping addiction, little miss, and just to remind you, I'm still half human and I do have the occasional human needs, as irritating as they are." I told her sternly..