Chapter 19

Chapter 19
(Jasper's POV)

We all stood, waiting for Bella and Edward to arrive as we finished picking up the pieces of our fallen enemy and tossing them into one of the large piles of vampire bits, watching the purple smoke rise to the skies. From Alice's vision, we knew that Edward, Bella and Seth had made it and defeated Victoria and her underling, Riley. It was a shame that he had to die because of Victoria's treachery and lies, but he had clearly chosen his path when he did not surrender when Edward tried to reason with him.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of the she-wolf growl and begin to charge towards the far end of the field. We all looked up, startled and noticed what she was going after; a young male newborn was hiding. As she went after him, I could feel her emotions; she was being stupid, cocky and looked as though she was trying to prove something to the other males in her pack. I could see the way that she was charging at him head on, he would get the upper hand and I looked at the Jacob wolf in alarm, sending him my emotions.

The large russet wolf looked back over at the she-wolf and saw what I saw too late as the newborn grabbed her and threw her to the ground, preparing to wrap his arms around her. He growled and took off towards her, as he was the closest to the duo, in order to save his pack mate. Unfortunately, as Jacob charged the newborn from behind, he decided that the she-wolf wasn't the greater threat and turned around, jumping and managed to get onto the Jacob wolf's back and wrap his arms around him, squeezing. I winced as I heard the crack, but stayed where I was as the rest of the pack dove at the newborn, tearing him apart before he could finish Jacob off.

Gasping, everyone ran over towards Jacob; I chose to stay behind to keep an eye on the young female newborn, who I didn't trust as of yet. She watched in horror as her old brother in arms was torn apart viciously by the pack, his body parts flying in different directions.

I watched from my spot next to the newborn, rubbing the only bite mark that I had obtained during the battle as Carlisle looked over Jacob, who was still in his wolf form, whining in pain.

"He will be okay," Carlisle concluded, "Though I will have to reset some of these bones."

"Carlisle," Alice gasped as our coven leader looked towards her, "We have fifteen minutes."

He nodded and looked back at Sam, who was the only one in his human form. "This will take longer than ten minutes and the Volturi will not honor our truce with the wolves. If you permit me, I will come down to the reservation later and get him patched up as well as get him some pain meds."

Sam looked down at Jacob's wining form and nodded, "You will be permitted on our land. I will let the elders know."

"Fourteen minutes," Alice reminded them.

Carlisle nodded once again at Alice and looked back up at Sam, "Go ahead and get him out of here. I will call before I leave for your land."

Sam nodded and looked to Jacob, "He will have trouble phasing back. We will have to move him as he is." He informed him and directed his pack brothers to help move Jacob off of the field and back towards the Reservation.

Crystal made her way back to my side and I wrapped my arms around her, still keeping a part of my focus on the newborn.

"Who are the Volturi?" She asked in alarm as she frantically looked between the eight of us for answers.

"They are the leaders of our race," Crystal informed her from within my embrace.

Her eyes widened, "And they're coming here, now? Why?"

Carlisle shook his head, "They will most likely send a few of their high ranking members to deal with the carnage that your army friends had caused."