Chapter 26

Chapter 26 "Wedding Day"
(Crystal's POV)

I was soundly sleeping when I was awoken by Bella as she sat up in bed next to me, and upon a closer inspection, I noticed that she had a somewhat horrified look that marred her features as the blood nearly drained completely from her face.

"Bella? Are you alright? What wrong?" I asked her groggily. sitting up in bed as I wiped the sleep from my eyes.

She turned her head and looked at me, gnawing on her bottom lip, deep in thought. "It's nothing. I just had a nightmare is all." She quickly climbed out of bed before I could question her further, heading towards her dresser. "I think I will go take a shower."

I silently studied her, not knowing whether I should press for more or not, but quickly decided against it. Today was her wedding day! It wasn't a day for melancholy. So I decided to let it slide for now in favor of flowers and dresses, along with friends and family.

Bella dug around in her drawers and grabbed some clothes before hurrying into the bathroom to take a shower. I, on the other hand, decided to go downstairs and make some breakfast for her and Charlie, knowing that she wouldn't have the time to do it herself with all she had to get done today before the ceremony.

When I made it to the kitchen, I took out some eggs and went through the process of cracking them open and putting them in a bowl. I added a little bit of salt and pepper before sprinkling in some ham and cheese, and then started to beat them quickly with a fork and pouring it into the frying pan. Letting them begin to cook, I began stirring them over the skillet as I continued to make scramble eggs.

After I was done with the eggs, I threw some toast in the toaster, filling both of their plates with the food I had prepared. I made sure to leave out some butter, jam and honey, not sure how they preferred their toast, as well as a glass of orange juice and milk for each of them, and some fruit, leaving everything laid out on the table for when they came down.

However, I didn't have to wait long as I finished off my own plate, downing the last bit of juice. I could hear both Bella and Charlie's footsteps coming down the stairs as they made awkward conversation.

"Good morning, I hope you both enjoy your breakfast. I already ate while you were in the shower, Bella, so the two of you can enjoy a little family time before the wedding." I smiled as they took in the small meal I had made for them.

"Wow, Crystal, this was really nice of you. Thank you," Charlie shifted awkwardly.

"Yeah, you didn't have to do this. But thanks." Bella smiled, neither of them making a move towards the table.

I giggled at their display, "Don't worry about it. I know how much my sister has on your schedule today, Bella, so I figured that you wouldn't have time to anything aside from cereal, and you're going to need your energy." I didn't mention the fact that she looked like she hadn't slept a wink with the large bags displayed under her eyes. Alice would definitely have something to say about that. "Plus, I knew that this will be the last morning the two of you will have like this, what with Bella moving and all. So I thought you might like to make it a memorable one."

"Hmph," Charlie grumbled at the mention of Bella moving, and I had to suppress a smile. Bella rolled her eyes at that, but otherwise ignored it.

"Well, go ahead! Dig in!" I urged them forward, watching as they pulled out their chairs and sat down before starting to eat.

"The eggs are great, Tally," Bella smiled, as Charlie nodded his approval.

I shrugged, "Just the basics."