Chapter 5

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

A/N: This story is written as a collaboration by both Xo BellaItalia oX and Katara Melody Cullen. If you have any questions, post them in my reviews and I will answer them in my next Author's Note at the bottom of the chapter. We hope that you enjoy the story and look forward to reading your reviews. - B

Chapter 5

(Crystalline's POV)

I was sparring with Edward when I noticed that he was taking this fight pretty seriously and getting more aggressive by the minute. I was just about to stop fighting him when all of sudden I felt a powerful force push me to the ground with a extreme vampire force. I felt like I was falling to ground slowly, but I could feel the extreme pain of my ribs being broken at the same time.

Once my back hit the ground, I let out blood curling scream that made everybody attention fall on to me. I was in so much pain, I could feel my eyes clouding up with tears that were ready to be shed.

Before I could blackout from the intense pain, I heard a ferocious growl that sounded as loud as thunder. And before I knew it I could see Jasper rushing towards me from the corner of my eye, and my parents following closely behind him. I closed my eyes tightly hoping that this terrible pain would go away.

I reopened my eyes again when I felt gentle hands lifting me up into their arms, I glanced up and saw my mother holding me closely too her body as Jasper was fighting to get to me while Emmett had his arms around him, holding him back from us. He was thrashing around like crazy and looked as though he would do whatever he had to in order to get to me. It got to the point where Rosalie and Alice had to intercede and help them restrain him.

"Mom, it hurts." I whimpered to my mother as I clutched my ribs, curling in on myself.

My mom brushed my hair out of my face and looked over me worriedly."Shh, don't worry, dear. Your father and I are going to take you home to see what was broken." She told me softly.

"Edward, why would you that to her? She's not a full vampire like you are and doesn't have the same reactions to these kinds of injuries!" My father lashed out at him in anger. "For goodness sake, she has human blood running in her veins as well as the venom!"

My Mother narrowed her eyes at him in a very Mama Bear type manner. "I'm very disappointed in you, Edward, but let me tell you this, if you ever lay a hand on my daughter, or any of your brothers and sisters in an unwarranted manner like that again, we are going to have a big problem on our hands." Esme said in a deadly tone that would make even the wolves fear her. She may seem all lolly pops and rainbows on the outside, but like every mother, she has a maternal instinct like a lioness. She will do anything to defend her cubs against any threat, even from each other.

Daddy came over and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, pressing a kiss into her temple. "Esme, dear, take her home. I will catch up with you two later." Dad told her. "I'm just going to finish up here and give Jasper some time to calm down."

I saw my mother nodding her head before she scooped me carefully into her arms and ran with me as I curled in on myself. I needed to use my healing abilities on myself, but I would wait until we got home so that I could get the blood I needed to help keep up my strength and the intensity of my gift.