Chapter 40 (full chapter)

Disclaimer. All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The original characters, ideas, and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I only do this for fun.

Out of the Dark & Into the Light

"Jasper Pov"

My encounter with Rose left me ashamed of how I acted when I was a human but also shocked by the thought of fairies, witches, and other supernatural creatures existing besides vampires, werewolves, and shapeshifters. I do not know how I've never had a single thought of other supernatural begins existing before now.

I can't even think about this right now, since I'm on a mission to discover what Jackson was up to this entire time. I made my way silently into the room Rose had just come out of to see Jackson looking at a computer screen that had an image of a young teenage girl with dirty blonde hair, and a pale complexion sleeping on a bed with wires attached to her arms, and chest. There was also a feeding tube down her throat. Under the picture was the name Odette Whitlock. I was confused at this, I didn't have any siblings growing up, and Crystal and I had only three daughters. But next to her name was her date of birth, which was May 21, 1942.
I was confused by the thought of having a daughter and not remembering her, but also knowing that I had met Crystal in the 1940s and had no memories of that either. I never understood why Crystal felt so familiar to me, the same goes for her, and now I'm starting to understand why.

I could feel the anger boiling inside of me, at the thought that someone had taken my memories of my beloved mate, and firstborn away from me, and it looked like the person who did it was someone that Tally, Carlisle, and Esme trusted dearly.

I silently walked up behind Jackson, I could feel myself losing control of my emotions, the anger and hatred were overwhelming to the point of me not realizing that I had lifted my hands up and placed both my palms on the side of his head and snapping his neck, and Jackson's body was on the floor lying temporarily dead on the ground.

I stepped over his body, went to the computer, and tried pulling up the files that were on the computer, but it had a password attached to the files. Pulling out my phone, I called the only person I knew who could help me hack into the files.

Ring Ring Ring......

"Jasper, I'm a little busy at the moment, can I call you back?" Damien asked me.

"Sorry, but this can't wait, I need your help with hacking into Jackson's files," I told him trying to stay calm.

"What do you mean you need me to hack into Jackson's files, are you out of your mind, Jackson will kill me..." He angrily hissed out into the phone.

"Apparently, I found out he's been hiding something from Crystal, her family, and me since the '40s. Also, did I mention that I snapped his neck out of anger, and now he's lying on the ground temporarily dead."

"Jasper, what the hell man, you can't just go around snapping people's necks out of anger, and what do you mean he's been hiding things from Tally, Esme, Carlisle, and you? You know what I can't handle this right now, I'm busy, and I think Carlisle, Esme, and the rest of the family might need you back here, Caius brother is coming to visit, and he has a history of killing slayers."

When he mentioned Caius's brother, I knew exactly who he was talking about, he was dangerous, but he hadn't been seen since the forties, which was starting to add to my suspicion about Crystal and me in the early 1940s, our daughter and Alessandro. I didn't have all the facts, but I was starting to put the pieces together.