Haven's Fate (Volume 5 Chapter 16)

---------------

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER GETS VERY DARK. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

---------------

Seen at the entrance to the gate of the relic, you and Yang stood there hugging each other for comfort.

Witnessing the confrontation between Yang and Raven, you completely understood her emotions and her thoughts.

Anyone would've started to feel overwhelmed in Yang's shoes.

Soon, Yang takes a deep breath and exhales, lifting her head off your right shoulder but still putting her left arm on your left. You face each other, no words needed to be said between you two to understand each other.

Yang: T-Thank you, Y/N. I... needed that.

You smiled and nodded.

Y/N: Of course, Yang. Anytime.

She gives you a sly smile and pats your shoulder. She then turns around and faces the entrance towards the empty desert that laid ahead.

Yang: Well then... shall we?

Y/N: Ah... already? We can take more time for you to chill out, no one's going to stop us.

Faintly, you could hear a fight still taking place from the atrium above. However, Yang shakes her head.

Yang: I'm fine now, really. I'm good to go.

You smiled at Yang and nodded, walking over towards her to face the barren desert as well.

Y/N: Then... let's go.

Yang: Right.

And with that, the two of you marched onwards towards the barren desert, entering the gate of the Spring Maiden.

As you stepped foot into the desert, you and Yang looked around to find that it was all sand, the barren wasteland the complete opposite of Mistral's lush green mountains and trees full of life.

Oddly enough though... it wasn't hot. It felt... cool.

Y/N: Where... is this place?

Yang: I have no clue. Let's keep going.

The blonde, wasting no time, continues pacing forwards. You followed close behind, saving your thoughts for later.

Time flies by, minutes feeling like hours as the two of you continued walking. You turned back to see that the cavern of Haven's vault was still there, but it was starting to look like a mere pixel.

Eventually, as you and Yang walk over a dune, an oasis lies in the dead center of the barren wasteland. Green trees, a lake of pure water, patches of greenery and grass, the first signs of life.

Y/N: Yang, look! An oasis!

Excited, you ran towards the oasis.

Yang: Y/N, wait!

Yang follows suit as you knelt down beside the oasis. You dip your hand down to the lake...