Son Meets Prodigy (Volume 6 Chapter 10)

A/N:

Sorry for taking so long to make this chapter! Was busy with finals week and also had writer's block. Hope you all enjoy the chapter nonetheless!

---------------

...

...

...

...

You... couldn't believe it.

Never have you thought that you were going to see her again.

She was your mentor, she was one of the best huntress's-in-training in all of Remnant...

But, she disappeared... the night where everything went downhill.

...

The two of you stare into each's other eyes. Time felt like it went still.

You gazed at her eyes, they were emerald green.

You gazed at her hair, they were red and flowing.

You looked at what she wore, it was a suit.

You glanced at her facial features, it was no mistake.

Pyrrha Nikos stood before you... in what has been over a year since the fall of Beacon.

...

And where else, but in a cafe?

It was almost comedic.

"Ahem."

A loud cough startles both of you, the source coming from a tired man at a table behind you.

"Pyrrha sweetie, I would like to order a drink, please."

Pyrrha shakes her head and picks up her notepad, forcing a nervous laugh. She waves to the customer and walks over.

"S-Sorry! What would you like to order, sir?"

As she walks over to the grumpy customer, you couldn't help but not take your eyes off her. She goes over to a few more tables to take more orders, but you catch on as she periodically sneaks a glance towards you here and then.

First of all, what was Pyrrha Nikos doing at a cafe? Why was she working here?

Second of all, what are the coincidences you both would meet again? Sure, you knew Pyrrha lived in Argus due to Sanctum Academy, but the chances of bumping into her in such a big city were outrageous.

And finally, what has she been up t-

"Come outside once you're finished. I'll be waiting."

Her hushed voice snaps you out of your thoughts as she places your ordered espresso on the table. Then, she heads to the back of the counter, opening a door to never come back out.

...

Espressos were meant to be taken in small sips. It's a refreshing, hot liquid to re-energize one's soul and body.