The Nuckelavee (Volume 4 Finale)

As you gazed your eyes onto the nightmare that stood in front of you, you felt a chill run down your spine. This... Grimm... felt unnatural. It felt as if it was the gatekeeper of Hell itself.

Y/N: W-What is that thing...?

Jaune: It's... terrifying.

Ruby slowly sheathes out her scythe, you all following suit with your own weapons. You glanced over to see that Ren had an angry, yet scared expression on his face, while Nora was glancing over at Ren worriedly. Not bothering to ask them questions, you aimed your gunblade at the Grimm.

Y/N: Do... we fight?

Jake: Yeah. We fight it.

He spins his scythe and slams it on the ground.

Jake: This is another one of her creations. The Nuckelavee.

Y/N: N-Nuckelave...? I've never heard of it, even from Professor Port's lessons...

Jake: That's because it doesn't appear commonly like your run of the mill Beowolf. She made this specifically to provide fear towards the residents of Mistral.

Y/N: I see...

The Imp then snaps its head as it analyzes you five. It then lets out a loud shriek, the shockwave of the screech sending you back. It sends you all back towards the dead sakura tree, where Epona and the still unconscious Qrow was at.

The Nuckelavee then comes into view, the Imp twitching its various body parts. It sends out another shockwave roar that causes all four teenagers to flinch. The Grimm then looks at the teenagers and turns its head to look at Qrow and Epona begins running toward them. Realizing this, your eyes widened out of fear.

Y/N: EPONA! RUN!

The mare then whinnies and dashes away, Qrow still on her back. However, the Nuckelavee continued chasing the mare. You then started shooting your gunblade at the Grimm, but the Imp's arm strikes you, knocking you back.

Y/N: Argh!

Ruby: Y/N!

You quickly stood up and looked to see that the Nuckelavee was right behind Epona's tail. You then turn to run towards the Grimm, but suddenly, a gray overlay shines around Qrow and Epona. 

Y/N: What...?

You then turn to see that Ren had used his Semblance on the horse, Qrow, and you. With a smile, knowing that Ren's Semblance hides emotion on whoever he targets, you realized that the Nuckelavee had completely lost all track of the mare. That was more evident, as the Grimm turns its head confused towards where Epona and Qrow had gone.

Y/N: Nice going, Ren!

Ren: Get those two to safety! Now!

Y/N: Right!

You then dashed at Epona and Qrow, the Nuckelavee still confused where you three had gone. Snapping your fingers in front of the mare, you lead it towards an alleyway a bit away from the tree.

Y/N: Right.

You then glanced back at the battle that was ongoing, before looking back at Qrow.

Y/N: Sorry, Qrow. But, I need Epona.