Clearing the Air (Volume 4 Chapter 15)

Before we get into this chapter, I'd like to make a little announcement.

For those of you that don't know, Rooster Teeth has just removed ALL episodes of RWBY on YouTube. Every. Single. One.

Though, videos of it ARE still up on their website. But... how can I put this in the most unharmful way...

The website f*cking sucks.

I'll be updating the book until its end, of course, but... it's gonna be way harder from here.

I really should've kept this story going way earlier. I'm really regretting my decision of being lazy.

But... I'm gonna atone for my sins and carry on. I will redeem myself, I promise you all.

Without further ado, let's get into the chapter. I hope ya'll will enjoy it.

---------------

(A few minutes later)

Walking out of the ruined village, Jake leads you all through the woods, Qrow still unconscious in the group's arms.

Skeptical looks were plastered on your faces, all of them stared towards Jake, the once-was devil called Jacob Elvins.

And, needless to say, you were all VERY, very familiar with that devil.

So, seeing Jake providing his assistance to you all... felt unsettling.

It was like he was luring you all to a trap.

But, eventually, he comes to a stop around 4 logs and a tree. He then faces you all.

Jake: Right, here's where the camp will be for the night. Sit him upright on the tree.

He motions you all to lean Qrow onto the tree. Sharing careful glances, you all laid the huntsman onto the tree and stood back up.

Jake: Now, go gather materials for the night ahead. I'll go hunting for some meat.

He then turns around, but you held his shoulder before he could move away.

Y/N: Wait.

He slowly turns around.

Jake: What?

Y/N: Why are you even helping us in the first place? We still don't trust you, nor deem you friendly. You know this.

Jake lets out a scoff and rolls his eyes.

Jake: I'm well aware of that.

Y/N: So... why? Why are you even helping us at all? We're so... confused. Just... explain to us!

Jake stares at you momentarily before turning around.

Jake: I'm just providing my hand towards people who'll stand up against her. That's all there is to it.

Y/N: We know that! But... this is... this is...!

Jake: This is what, exactly?