Status Report (Volume 4 Chapter 11)

Heads Up: I'm experimenting with a new style for this chapter. I'd appreciate it if you all can share your opinions on it in the comments below. With that said, enjoy the chapter!

(Present Time, Atlas)

Currently sat at their hospital room, drinking a long sip of tea, Donica Grace Patricia lets out a long sigh.

"Can't believe its been 6 months since... that day..."

Kicking her legs above the table set before her, she looks through her scroll with her left hand. The image shows Beacon Academy, the building standing tall and mighty.

But... it's the complete opposite now.

She then lets out another sigh.

"I wonder how those jokers are doing..."

Scrolling her images until a certain picture at a cliffside, she stares at it longingly.

"Apollo..."

Shaking her head, she looks down at the huge wound on her stomach. It was now stitched together thankfully, but it had a little orange tint still flowing out of it.

"This wound... its so oddly warm, yet so uncomfy..."

She places a hand on the wound, and suddenly, her hand lights on fire. But, calm as ever, she diffuses the fire with her Semblance.

As of that day, there were still no doctors that could explain why her wound was glowing. It clearly wasn't a medical condition, so what was it? Was it a curse? Was it artificial? What was it?

The only ones who would know the answer would be Apollo, or Y/N, himself.

But, even though it freaked Grace out a little, she knew that the reason she was back up and attending school again was because of the glow on her wound. A normal huntsman should still be stayed off from any further activity, but Grace was already performing missions with her team, and without a hitch too.

But, something would always feel off for the Ice Queen. The joy of performing these missions, the ecstasy of completing one, the struggles of trying to finish it... 

It was no longer there. It just felt... boring. She was no longer enjoying missions, something that people striving to be huntsmen would dream of.

That didn't sit right with her at all. It felt like she was robbing someone else of a huntsman position because of how much unenjoyment she got from doing missions.

So, the week before, she requested a private meeting with Ironwood to talk things out.

---------------

Stood in front of the headquarters of the General, Grace takes a deep breath and knocks on the door.

Eventually, the door opens up to reveal none other than Ironwood.

"Greetings, Grace. What brings you here?" Ironwood asks.

"Good tidings, General Ironwood. I have... a favor to ask." Grace formally replies back.