Atlas Unbound (Epilogue)

Please read the Author's Note at the end of this Epilogue. Thank you.

---------------

"Manta 5-1..."

...

"Welcome home..."

A chill runs down your spine as you watch Atlesian airships fly around the floating city. Maria patrols the airship in the skies as you all focus on what lies ahead of you... and to the voice that was currently being transmitted through the radio.

"Please continue your approach to Atlas docking bay Omega-12. A security team will meet you there. Over."

The radio cuts off as they wait for a response. Ruby's brows furrow, the girl clearly confused.

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I... don't know.

From the back of the ship, Jaune turns to the cockpit.

Jaune: But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas, so... I guess we land and get some answers.

However, Jake shakes his head.

Jake: That wouldn't be wisest.

Weiss slowly nods, keeping her gaze on the patrolling airships.

Weiss: He's right. I've never seen our forces deployed so aggressively before. If we land as an unlicensed ship, there's no way the security team will let us anywhere near Ironwood. They... might even take me back to my father.

Blake glances sadly at Weiss's last sentence.

Nora: But... didn't Y/N buy this airship? Wouldn't that be considered our property?

Y/N: I... doubt it's that simple. I only paid to bribe Cordovin, and she did not seem too pleased about it.

Ruby and Yang shared glances, uncertain of what course of action to take.

Blake: So...

Weiss: Winter!

She glances up with hope, suddenly with an idea. She grabs her scroll and heads to the back of the ship.

Weiss: The air patrol will find it suspicious if we stall. I say we dock the ship above Mantle for the time being while we wait for Winter's response.

Maria nods.

Maria: Whatever you say, kiddo!

On that note, Maria steers the ship to the city that lies below Atlas.

As the ship gets closer and closer to Mantle, you take note of the city and its environment.

It felt... dreary. Heavy.

Maybe it's due to the orange-ish fog in the sky, or the lack of light in the streets, but it just...

It didn't feel right. It didn't feel... joyful.