Light in the Darkness (Volume 4 Chapter 7)

(Land of Darkness, Throne Room)

"U-Ugh..."

Groans of pain emit from the Fall Maiden, Salem sitting by her side. 

"Do you feel it?"

Cinder responds with a series of heavy breaths.

"Don't fight it, girl."

Cinder starts groaning heavier and heavier, clearly shown in pain. Beside her, Salem has her hands casually held out.

"It can sense your trepidation. You must make it... dread you."

Cinder could only respond with more heavy groaning, but the groans stop as a Seer Grimm enters the throne. In the doorway, Emerald and Mercury stand, watching the Seer as it passes them. The 2 teens looked freaked out, pulling back as the Grimm enters the room.

The jellyfish-like Grimm makes its way over to Salem, sat at the head of the table. Once the Seer arrives beside Salem, she leans closer to it, watching whatever it showed. After a while, she puts her hands together.

"Cinder... I am going to ask you this one more time and I expect a clear answer."

Not groaning in pain any longer, she looks at Salem.

"Did you kill Ozpin?"

Cinder looks down, before holding her hand out to Emerald at the doorway. However, Salem doesn't appreciate that, as she bangs her hands to the table, her red eyes glowing as she speaks.

"NO!"

Cinder lowers her arm.

"I want to hear you say it."

Cinder tries to speak, but she struggles to do so. After rasping a few times, she hoarsely chokes out her honest answer.

"Yes..."

Salem glances over at Cinder for a moment, thoughts swirling in her head. She then turns to the Seer.

"Reinforce our numbers at Beacon. The Relic is there."

Following orders, the Seer glides off to the doorway. Just like before, Emerald and Mercury draw away from it, clearly terrified of its presence. Salem then turns her head thoughtfully, looking away from Cinder as she brings her fingers to her chin.

"What are you planning...?"

Suddenly, another Seer appears at the doorway. It seemed rushed, however, as it glides over to Salem quicker than the last one did. Curious, Salem tilts her head and looks at the Seer.

"What is it?"

The Seer then shows Salem an image. Leaning closer to it, she smiles.

"Good. Tell her to start the attack on the village."

The Seer glides away and out the doorway. Cinder then glances over at Salem confused. She tries to ask, but only rasps come out.