Around The World (Volume 4 Chapter 4)

---------------

(3 Days after Fall of Beacon, Atlas Hospital)

*Beep!* 

*Beep!*

*Beep!*

*Beep!*

The sounds of a heart monitor beeps. A patient, wrapped in hospital clothing and injected with syringes, lies in the bed in the middle of the room. 

A pair of pistols and a dagger could be seen by the bedside, a tank that contained the nutrients for the syringes at its right.

Beside the heart monitor, nurses were lined up as they write down notes on the patient's status. The heart monitor displays the patient's heart rate, thankfully the heart rate being average. However, the patient's eyes were closed, still succumbed to unconsciousness.

Beside the medical room, a doctor was seated at his desk. A man and a woman sat across it, their faces shown signs of worry for the patient.

After a moment of silence, a nurse walks into the room. She hands a list to the doctor, before bowing down and leaving the room. The doctor reads the list of notes, yet doesn't utter a word. This causes the man seated to sigh.

Man: How is she?

The doctor takes another look at the notes and looks back at the 2 figures, a worried look on his face.

Doctor: It doesn't look good. She'll need surgery as soon as possible.

At this, the 2 figures look down in sadness. 

Ever since Beacon fell, the world has gone to chaos. Hospitals were filled up from injuries of patients, crimes were being committed, it was a mess.

After a while, the man asked again.

Man: So, what do we do now?

Doctor: Nothing, I'm afraid. We'll have to wait until the surgery is finished.  After that, we'll note down her condition again, and we'll get back to you two.

Man: That... doesn't sound promising...

Doctor: We know... But, all we can do for now is wait. 

The doctor nods at this, before standing up. He then walks towards his shelf at the corner of the room.

Doctor: Well, if you two do mind, I'll need to check up on another patient. I'll come back to you two tomorrow. In the meantime, you two can grab a meal downstairs at the cafe.

Woman: W-We will do just that. Thanks, doctor.

The two then turns to leave the room, a worried look on their faces. But, as the woman leaves the room, the man looks straight at the doctor with threatening eyes.

Man: Doctor Briefs?

Doctor: Hmm?

The doctor turns to see the look on the man's face as he points his finger towards the doctor.