The Calm (Volume 6 Chapter 1)

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

...

....

...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

...

....

"Ruuuuby! It's time for breakfast! Get up!"

...

...

"N-Nh..."

My eyes flutter awake as I stare at the wooden beams atop the ceiling. I let out a groggy yawn, stretching my arms high into the air.

Shifting to sit at the edge of the bed, I take a few deep breaths, letting my brain warm up. Slowly, I recollect all the memories from a couple of weeks ago. The fight at Haven, against Emerald and Mercury, the fight against Cinder...

...

"Ah yeah... that Vytal Festival match. The one that started it all."

"W-What are you two... talking about?"

"The match between Penny Polendina and Pyrrha Nikos. That was all Emerald's doing."

...

"YOU'RE DEAD!"

...

...

"Tch..."

Shaking my head, I got up and walked toward the mirror at the edge of the room. I take a long look at my reflection, my hair fuzzy and messy and my eyes tired and baggy.

I let out a sigh. Even if we've successfully obtained the relic...

We've done our job, but why do I still feel so weary?

Haven's no longer in commission, and there is no doubt that Salem will continue to keep trying to stop us.

Actually, now that I think about it... whatever happened to Leo-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

"Ruuubyyyy! Your food's getting cold!"

"Gah! I know I know, gimme a sec!"

Glancing back at the mirror, I take another deep breath and exhaled sharply. Fixing my hair and practicing my smile, I walked out of my room.

Meeting me by the door was Y/N. He was wearing his usual outfit, an apron and a chef's hat as additional apparel. He looked quite goofy if I'm being honest.

He gives me a smile, and I reciprocate.

"Slept well? You were out for a while." He asks.

"Eh... could've been better." I truthfully respond.

"That goes for all of us. Today's the day we set out to Atlas."