The Misguided Bull (Volume 6 Chapter 13)

Hey ya'll, Carter here! Brief interruption to let you guys know that I've left an Author's Note at the end of the chapter, so please give it a read after you've finished reading this chapter!

With that said, I hope you'll all enjoy!

---------------

As Yang drives away from the drop-off point, Blake turns around and watches her partner ride away. She lets out a sigh, the brief conversation the two shared replaying in her mind.

"I'll do you proud."

...

"Do us proud."

Blake sighs and shakes her head. 

No matter how hard she tries, the more apparent it seems that Yang has no intention of reforming what they once were.

They used to be close friends. Its more-so like co-workers now, though.

But, maybe it should be that way. The time of peace and happiness is long gone, after all.

...

"I should focus on the task at hand..."

Shaking her head, she walks towards the relay tower and activates her earpiece.

"Heading in on foot. Won't take long."

She closes her earpiece and heads in further.

Soon, the tower comes into view. She crouches low and sneaks around, surveying the area to spot any guards that could prove to be an issue.

But, to her surprise, the coast looked clear.

"Strange... aren't they worried about the risk of losing their communications?"

She surveys the area one more time, double checking to see if she had maybe missed something.

But, after closer inspection, she could assess that truly was no guard or camera in sight. 

Shrugging to herself, she comes out of the forest and into the tower's base. A poster that painted a red cross on a faunus displays at the base, causing Blake to scowl.

Shaking her head, she scales along the tower, landing on the first platform.

Glancing up and around the platform, she was surprised to find no guards around the place.

If anything, the area felt... too quiet.

Way... too quiet.

She was expecting to have to stealthily knock out some guards or hide, just like in her old White Fang days. That was the case the last time she disabled Atlas security.

"Could they be on break...? No, but that wouldn't make any sense, there always has to be some guards around to keep the place safe."

Focusing back on the task at hand, she leaps up another platform and surveys the area. But again, no guards.

This was getting too creepy for her liking.