Baby Steps (Volume 4 Chapter 2)

It was now the next morning. The sun hasn't come up yet, since it was about 4 AM in the morning. Currently, you and your friends were making your way towards the docks, eyebags on everyone's faces as they trudged their way towards the docks.

Ruby: Ugh... Who thought this was a good idea...?

Nora: Couldn't we had just slept for a couple more hours...? It's sooooo early...

Y/N: Hey, once we get on the boat, you can have your sleep. 

Jaune: (Yawns) Doesn't the boat leave at 6? We could've left an hour later...

Y/N: Hey, the early bird gets the worm, as they say. You guys agreed with me yesterday anyways.

Jaune: Yea, but we thought we would've left later, not literally before the sun rises up!

Y/N: Whatever. You won't believe how early people tend to arrive to the docks early in the morning. Just believe me when I say this is a good idea.

Ruby: Y/N... I'm so sleepy...

Y/N: Well, you wouldn't be if you had slept earlier instead of playing video games.

Ruby: Yea, but I slept roughly the same time as you...

You gave her a blank stare.

Y/N: You slept hours after me.

Clearly losing, she starts panicking.

Ruby: W-What? Naaah, you were asleep already! There was NO way you could've heard me, and even if you did, I wasn't playing at a-

Y/N: Ruby, I was on the verge of breaking your scroll that night. I could NOT sleep for a solid hour.

Ruby: U-Um... Er... E-Eheheh...

She rubs the back of her head in embarrassment, seeing as she had lost the argument. Rolling your eyes, you kept your eyes on to the road ahead. 

From the map, you estimated that the walk would take about 15 minutes to the docks. The boat leaves at 6 to Mistral, so you wanted to be the earliest to the boat as possible, since, from experience, the queue of the waiting line to the registration AND to the boat was going to take forever.

Yesterday, you guys went shopping for new outfits. You had already bought yours, but you weren't willing to get it dirty now, so you were still using your outfit from yesterday. But, once on the boat, you'll be wearing the outfit from yesterday. None of your friends know about it, so you were hoping it'll make a splash. It seems that everyone had thought the same as well, since they were all using their old outfits from Beacon.

That morning, you were the 1st to wake up. Waking up everyone, you told them to pack their bags without freshening up and simply book it to the docks. Much to everyone's disapproval, you'd told them it would all be worth it.

And, that brings you to the present time.

---------------

(15 minutes later)

Just as you had predicted, you all had arrived at the docks in 15 minutes. Seeing as it was super quiet and empty inside, you smiled.

Y/N: See? What did I say?

Walking inside, you could see the empty halls and lines in the registration area. 

Ruby: It... feels so empty...

Jaune: Y/N, you may actually be smarter than I thought.