Stranded (Volume 6 Chapter 3)

(The Day after the Battle of Haven)

It was the morning after the Battle of Haven. After breakfast, Qrow requested everyone to come to the living room.

There, you all began packing your bags. Qrow had told everyone the plan to head to Argus the night before, but it was in brief detail. Today, he'll explain further.

As you sat next to Qrow, sharpening your gunblade and scrolling through dust crystals, Ruby asks a question.

Ruby: We need to take the Relic to Atlas?

Qrow: That's what Oz said.

You all look over to Weiss, the girl placing containers of dust in her briefcase. The girl glances up and rolls her eyes, letting out a sigh.

Weiss: What incredible timing on my part.

Nora: I mean, bright side, we finally get out of this house!

Nora raises a finger up, resting her head on her briefcase as she lied on the floor. Weiss sighs again.

Qrow: Well trust me, I'm not crazy about it either. And without the Spring Maiden here to seal the Relic back in its Vault, it's our best option.

Ren: Atlas may be the safest kingdom we have at the moment, but their borders are closed. General Ironwood called everyone back.

Jake: Not everyone.

Qrow nods and turns on his scroll, revealing a hologram of floating land.

Qrow: The city of Argus is a ways north of us and it's the primary trading port between Anima and Solitas. They've got the largest Atlas military base outside the kingdom. There's no way they'd leave it abandoned, and if we play our cards right, I think there's a good chance we could convince them to escort us straight to Ironwood.

Blake: I mean, we do have the missing Heiress to the Schnee Dust Company.

Weiss: Ex-Heiress, actually.

Yang: True, true. But if there's a chance of reward money, I say we go for it.

Weiss: Ugh...

The ex-heiress rolls her eyes and closes her briefcase.

Y/N: But, are we really going to use Weiss as some sort of bait? That's... kinda mean.

Jake: What other ways will we convince the military to take us to Atlas? Presents and gifts?

Nora: Ooh! Do you think they'll accept robot figurines?

Jaune chuckles and shakes his head.

Jaune: I... highly doubt that.

???: Hopefully the first option will suffice.

Oscar, controlled by Ozpin, walks up the stairs to the living room. You all look towards him.

Qrow: Glad to see you're feeling better.

Ozpin walks over, using his cane for support.

Oscar / Ozpin:  Likewise, and while I'm sure we could all use more time to recover, I'm afraid time is of the essence.

Blake: Right, as long as that thing's out in the open, its power could fall into the wrong hands.

Jaune, sharpening his sword with a whetstone, glances up.