Upon Victory Comes Despair (Volume 6 Chapter 15)

With a dash that kicked up dirt, Adam rapidly slashed his blade at the three girls, forcing them all to block and defend. The trio grits their teeth as they struggle to keep up with Adam's pace, the bull faunus clearly fighting as if this was his last bout.

If he loses here, he'd have nowhere to go. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

The White Fang looked down on Adam for his failure back at Haven. To imagine what else could happen to him if he fails again.

To Blake, Weiss, and Yang, this was a fight to overcome an obstacle in their life. But, for Adam?

This was life or death. Redemption or retribution.

Eventually, Blake gets sent back from a kick. Adam turns around to find Yang behind him, and with a few dodges, he parries a punch and pushes Yang back with a slash. Weiss jumps in and slashes at Adam, but he throws his sword at her and fires with his rifle, causing her to slow to a stop and block.

Using his senses, he whirls around to get hit by Blake's cleaver. He wasn't phased, however, as he grabbed his sword from the air and clashed against her. Yang and Weiss dashes at Adam, but he jumps in the air and suddenly, his coat flashes red. Blake's eyes widen in fear.

"GET BACK!"

The three girls retreat as Adam fires his Semblance to the ground. However, Yang was the slowest to react and stumbles from the impact. Adam notices this and dashes at her, forcing her to get back on the defensive once again. He gets shot from behind by Blake's pistol, so he kicks Yang away harshly and quickly holds his sword up to absorb the shots.

Once the shots die down, Weiss dashes and pushes Adam back with sharp strikes from her rapier. With a cry, she angles her rapier straight to Adam's chest and flips back to slash, a curve of icicles to finish her combo. However, Adam blocks them all.

Yang jumps back into the fight, forcing Adam to defend from both directions. Gritting his teeth, he finds himself falling back, the numbers advantage starting to overwhelm the bull.

However, as Yang stances her feet firmly to deliver a heavy blow, he uses this as an opportunity to circle around her and kick her to the ground. Blake sees this and screams.

"YANG!"

 Blake blindly jumps into the fray and swings, but Adam dodges out of the way. And, she was forced to halt herself upon seeing that her cleaver was on a crash course to hit Weiss.

This moment of hesitation costs her, as she gets slashed repeatedly, causing her to gasp in pain. Yang tries to cover up Blake's mistake, but Adam quickly dashes at her and lands a heavy blow to her chest. And, with a spin, he manages to parry Weiss's strike, causing her to lose grip of her rapier.

Then, he suddenly flashes red once again, a series of afterimages forming and attacking the three girls. Stumbling and losing focus, the afterimages soon die down to reveal that Adam is now missing.

And, as the three girls glance around to find his location, they all gasp as Adam charges up his Semblance from a distance.

"HRAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

Striking the ground, a sharp energy wave emits towards the three girls. But, before it could connect, Weiss formed glyphs that fired ice to slow the energy wave down, and Blake uses her aura to fire her own energy wave to cancel out Adam's Semblance.