Chapter 8

Piya’s POV

 I am waiting for Abhay in back garden of my home. Mom already slept, Birdie is working in a project in her room and Misha yet not returned from a party so I called Abhay so spend some time together. Suddenly I hear a slight noise from my back. With a smile I turned and called “Abhay”. But instead of him there was a short brown haired woman with a cruel smile in her face. I recognised her as one of those vampire who attacked us few days before. 

Piya (nervously):  What are you doing here woman? What do you want?

Woman: My name is Meera. Your vampire protector that day killed my mate Jagat. Woo I told you he is a vampire and no reaction… let me guess you know it! Don’t you! He seems to be much more than a protector for you.

Piya: That’s none of your business

Meera: It’s absolutely my business. He killed my mate for you dam it woman!! As a protocol he should warn us beat us throw us from his territory but killing… no dam no. he did it for you. Now you will pay the price and he will know how it feel to lose a mate. You are his mate! Are not you? 

Now she is holding me against a tree when suddenly Abhay’s razor sharp voice came from behind her 

Abhay: Yes she is Meera. But your bad luck now you have to face me. 

She turned to see him and he pushed her from me. And hold me lovingly. 

Meera: I will not leave you two in peace. I know am not a match of you. I am going to complain against you that you broke the most basic and fundamental rule and they will kill her. 

And she flew. Abhay call one of his clan member who was nearby. In no time Sonali came. Kept me in her care Abhay left to follow Meera. 

Abhay’s POV

“This is second time this bitch dared to harm my darling and got a nerve to threat us. This time am not goanna leave you vile woman. Run how much you can before I catch you.”

I followed her scent and within 5 minutes I found her in woods. I stood in front of her. Am not sadistic but seeing fear in her eyes gave me satisfaction coz she tried to harm that one person who is everything for me. Without wasting any time I killed her with wooden stake. After leaving her there in my rage I might be uprooted one or two tree and then fall in my knees and closed my eyes in attempt to calm down. After few minute I remembered my beloved and calm down. Immediately I left that place to reach her. 

Sid’s POV

I was roaming in woods at night when I heard few angry growls, screams and sound of some trees uprooted and thrown. This voice is familiar to me. I can recognize it anywhere. I followed the sound and find my baby brother sitting in his knees with eyes closed trying to control his temper. I so wanted to face him but its not right time. People say am cruel vicious dangerous but an enraged Abhay is 100 times more dangerous than me. I noticed that he is not wearing his clan leader wristlet I wonder is it the reason of his temper. I felt happy and murmured to myself as I moved inside the forest. 

“So my dear little brother you are not at all perfect in every sense. You failed our daddy dearest. You failed so your position as clan leader and council member is stanched from you, now you are powerless nobody in your command. I got you brother now you will see.”

Suddenly I heard a weak smile followed by a weak female voice “You fool”

I turned to see the woman and see a dying vampire in ground. I reached for her and recognised her as Meera. I met Meera and Jagat before few years.

Sid: Who has done this to you?

 Meera: Abhay Raichand. Is he your younger brother?

Sid: yaa. But why he killed you? Where is Jagat? 

Meera: He killed my Jagat months ago. You are wrong Sid 

Sid: what do you mean??   

Meera: His positions was not snatched, he himself left those for his beloved mate. To protect her to spend time with her simply to be with her he left his positions. And yes he killed Jagat and me also for her only. He is very much powerful. If you really want to harm him then kill his mate. She is his only weakness and it is the worse torture for any vampire to lose his or her mate. For him she is everything he admit it. Your job is to separate them and kill her. She can’t protect herself as she is a powerless weak human. 

And Meera died in my arms. But what information she gave me astonished me. My brother is in love again, he moved on he forgot Maithili and fell for a human girl. She must be very special if she is capable of taking Maithili’s place in his dead heart. Another shocking info is he left his duties and position to only stay with her he never did it for Maithili though she begged him few times to stay with her instead of going for distant duty calls. As a perfect person for him duties and responsibility was always first preference and he gave up all those for a girl. I am now hell curious to know who this girl is. By the way I also have a doubt that Meera has mistaken. It’s nearly impossible for both of us to forget Princess and move on. I have to use my sources I have to get all information about him as soon as possible.