Last Chapter - 99

I love you.  Ena and I'm so sorry for doing this to you.  Please cherish me.    While you were gone I realized I wouldn't be alive without you . . . . I can't pressure you like that, so this is the end for us.  I will always love you.  When you think about me I hope you can find the strength to smile instead of cry. Don't cry for me, I'm pathetic.  Go find someone worth your time.  Actually, forget I existed.  I don't deserve to be remembered.  Please move on fast and be happy without me.  Oh Ena, please, don't cry . . .

Ninety-nine words.  That was all she had left of them.
Why am I so stupid?  Why couldn't I see the signs?  I'm so blind . . .  I couldn't save them.  Our love didn't save them. 
It was all so very useless. 

Her eyes stung so badly.  She tried not to cry for Mizuki's sake.  To be strong.  Ena was not strong. 
There was this horrible feeling of pain in her gut slowly sucking her into the void.  Tears began to soak Mizuki's last letter.  Ena quickly put the letter onto the bed, not wanting it get damaged by any means.  She collapsed onto the floor and cried for hours on end.

"Ena, older sister, I brought you breakfast.  Happy birthday."
Huh? Since when was it her birthday?
"Ena?" 
"ENA!"  
Akito sank to his knees next to her and pulled his sister into a hug.  
"What happened?  Why are you crying like this?" 
"Mi-mi-mizuki . . ."
". . . Did you break up with them?"
"N-No!"
Akito noticed the tearstained letter Ena had read over and over and over and over and over and over and over on the floor.  
Tears fell from his eyes as he read it.  "Ena . . . ."  He hugged her tighter.  She couldn't speak.  She couldn't breathe.  She couldn't do anything. 
Suddenly, it felt so hot in the room.  Ena pulled away from her brother.  Her bedroom spun and spun and spun and spun in circles.  She fell onto her bed.  Her chest hurt so much she began to cry again.  Akito sat next to her and stroked her back comfortingly.  "You're having a panic attack, sister."  He offered her a bottle of water.  "Please drink some water and try to breathe."  Ena gulped down the whole bottle in one go.  She gasps painfully for air.  "Deeeeep breaths."  He guides her through a breathing exercise in a desperate attempt to calm her down.  Eventually, she just hugs him with her head on his shoulder, hiccuping.  "Do you want me to tell your group members for you?"  She nodded, trembling.  He grabs her phone and unlocks it (Akito knows the password) texting Kanade and Mafuyu about what happened;who immediately rush over to their house to comfort Ena.   
"Enanan!  Are you okay?" 
An embrace between siblings quickly becomes a smothering group hug.  Heat radiates from her face and leaks out her ears.
"Guys, stop it." 
They instantly let go.  Ena lays on her bed, hiding under the blankets, curling up into a tight ball.  Mafuyu sits there and strokes her hair.  Kanade left to make her some tea.  Akito went to go find her insomnia pills.