Chapter 8 - Psycho

i tried to make my style simpler cuz whoever's on this app probably doesn't want to puzzle out my words

but uhh yea i think im going back (chapter 9 . . . fake coughs) 🤔
🤷‍♀️

N25 stayed up working until dawn. 
At that point in time, Ena managed to polish up her illustration with satisfaction, and finished a dozen simpler drawings for Mizuki's MV.   She decided to leave the album cover for when she was awake enough to actually see things clearly.
Kanade had finished the demo, though there was no doubt in anyone's mind that she would revisit her composition once the other three's parts were more concretely in place. 
Mafuyu's lyrics were mostly done, and same with Amia's work. 

So, all four of them were content enough to fall asleep at their desks in nearly perfect unison. 

Ena's phone buzzed.  Mizuki texted the group chat to meet them at the rendez-vous for their next outing.  They hadn't gone out as a music group for a while, and to Ena it felt like a nice change of pace.  The sky was cloudy and murky with secrets, and the air was crisp and fresh in Ena's throat (which still ached from re-recording her part until Kanade was happy).  When Ena got there, no one had showed up, even though she was late.

What the heck was going on? 

It wasn't like any of them to be late, especially Mizuki and Mafuyu.  Kanade was sometimes late since her vampire-like repulsiveness toward sunlight made her stay inside most of the time.  This made her to forget the location of places she rarely went; in the city she grew up in.  In Enanan's opinion, Kanade was almost as hopeless as Mafuyu. 

Ena sat at the strangely empty (it was usually packed at this time of day) train station by herself.  For some reason, she was carrying a bouquet of chrystathynums. 

Out of nowhere, she felt an unidentified lone figure wrap their arms around her; dragging her backwards. 

Before she could react, they pressed their cold fingers to her throat; muffling her panicked hysteria.  Their nails left indentations on her throat.

The brunette was yanked backwards and the two crashed into a wall before seemingly phasing through it.  Lacking oxygen, Ena started to feel incredibly dizzy.  The figure now supported most of her weight.  Her vision became hazy, like something foggy was stretched over her eyes.  She could still vaguely make out shapes, but they were blurry at the edges and warped like fabric. 

Suddenly the figure let go of her throat.
Ena closed eyes and gulped in air.  For the next few moments, inhaling and exhaling was all that mattered. 
Still feeling weak, she wobbled.  The figure supported her by holding her waist.

They flipped back their dark hood, but their face was blurred for a moment.
When Ena readjusted, she saw . . . . .

the face of her father.

.

.

.

"You don't have what it takes to save Mizuki."

Words: 495