Chapter 20 - Thirteenth

whoa chap 20
Yayyyyy we're ahead of schedule

bruh

TmT i think i fell in love w/ someone

somebody plz send halp *cries*

btw tw: gore again, being suicidal/self inflicted harm

Now it was day thirteen. Or was it fourteen?

Mizuki wasn't even sure anymore. The days blurred together, especially since they were always staying awake to whisper encouragement to Ena, then ending up feeling so exhausted that they half-collapsed onto Ena's bedside—crying themselves to sleep.

They hadn't seen Amia since that first horrible day.

Maybe they were ena uses she/her but amia uses they/them like mizuki ignoring Mizuki.

Good. They deserved it for failing to stop that fucking stupid sword from practically chopping both their heads off.

As if they were summoned by Mizuki's self-desecrating musings, Amia burst through the door of the fabric room from a trap door in the ground.

"Mizuki . . . what's happened to me?" they exclaimed, exasperated.

Inspecting their neck, Mizuki noticed the same silk graft as Ena was developing growing on Amia's throat. Except the pattern was oddly mirrored.

Mizuki didn't verbally reply, opting instead to gesture semi-impatiently at Ena's matching neck.

Amia gasped.

But they weren't looking at the Shinonome.

They were pointing at Mizuki's throat with a blank, unreadable expression.

Mizuki finally noticed had been happening to them for the past two shitty weeks.

There was blood.

Lots of it in thick half clotted masses.

It was all over Mizuki's throat and was spreading over Mizuki's neck to their face deliberately, but quick enough to be noticeable.

Now they also noticed how the same blackish-red liquid was seeping from the corners and edges of the ceiling, seeping and soaking the fabric and pooling in puddles on the floor.

"Amia . . . Ena is taking your blood to stay alive. You have to stop or you are going to die."

Mizuki didn't even hesitate for a nanosecond.

"No. I'm not letting Ena die." Mizuki picked up the sword that they had held under their foot since the incident.

"If this is gonna help her, I have no choice." Mizuki said, voice stable and firm; determined and a little insane.

They held the sword to their own throat.

Amia grabbed Mizuki's wrist, stopping her from slicing flesh.

"No. You listen. You can't do this. I'm not losing you."

"And I'm not losing Ena. I'm sorry,"

Mizuki jerked their arm and pushed the sword cut through the skin of their own throat, blood spilling out like a faucet was turned on; that's how much of it there was.

Amia screamed in agony and faded away.
Forever.

They were never seen again after failing to save themselves. And Ena. And Mizuki. Everyone they ever knew for twelve years.

Mizuki was starting to feel heavy and lightheaded at the same time.

They collapsed onto Ena, exhausted and despaired.

That was the moment that Ena woke up. 

Words: 486