Chapter 17 - Blackout

tw: blood/gore

lemme milk the cliffhanger a little longer lmao

i'm starting to question if i'll still be alive at the end of writing this fic
I DIDNT EXPECT IT TO BE SO LONG USUALLY MY STORIES HAVE REALLY FAST PACING AND ARE LIKE ONLY UP TO 30K WORDS  GODDAMNIT

imma go eat breakfast now cuz my stomach's tryna kill me again

Ena couldn't believe her eyes.

Whereas the rest of the spacious apartment had been unsettling at best and downright freaky at worst, this room was . . . .

Beautiful.

Breathtakingly beautiful.

And actually well organized for once.

Whoever or whatever the Sekai Architect was, they did a better job on this room than any other. 

At the center, there was an elaborately carved steel fountain with seven tiers.  The water inside looked clean yet suspiciously cloudy.  It swirled with reflections of colours that weren't even there.  

Surrounding the fountain, there were—Ena counted . . . . . . . . eight life-size statues made of a papery gold substance.  They were only half carved, unfinished enough to not be able to distinguish what their subjects were.
Well, they were all like that . . . .
. . . . . except for one.

A statue of Amia.

No.

Ena noted the imperfections in her face.

A statue of Ena. 

It looked like someone paralyzed her and put her in a glass case. 

Every colour, highlight, and shadow was in the right place.

"You could never create something as perfect as that." 

SHUT.  UP. 

Ena clawed at her brain like she could squeeze her father's voice out of her head.

SHIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!

Amia watched her wordlessly before speaking up, "Enanan.  Your statue changed."

The statue's head was now sliced off, having fallen to the ground with thud.  A guilty gleaming sword floated next to it, probably from that knife pit—never in my life have i ever anticipated ending up writing the words 'knife pit' (what has my life come to...)—Ena noticed from earlier. 

Suddenly, she both her and Amia felt a sharp, choking pain in their throats.

In perfect unison, as if performing a dance, they fell to their knees and coughed up blood, further rupturing their throats, causing more warm liquid to spill out. 

As the blood touched the smooth silver ground, it sizzled like oil to a hot pan and was absorbed. 

Ena remembered Amia telling her that the sekai was a living thing.
Spiralling dizziness and suffocating pain were now the only sensations that filled Ena's world.

She breathed shallower; avoiding the pain of the cut in her throat.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . !
. . . !
. .

.

.

.

!

!

!

!

!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ena . . ."

..Mizuki?

"...Ena?"

Mizuki.  Mizuki.....please save me.
I don't want to die.

I want to stay here with you.

Please.

Please . . . .

"E-ENNNNNAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

I'm sorry Mizuki. 

I'm sorry I can't hold on any longer. 

I'm sorry that I couldn't save you. 

I'm sorry that you have to see me like this. 

I'm sorry that this will be your final memory of me.

And..I'm-

-I'm sorry that I wasn't good enough for you.

...right then, she completely and thoroughly blacked out.

Words: 500