Chapter 23 - Love

i dont know where these stories come from either

Mizuki jolted upward suddenly in their bed, breathing at the rate of a racecar.

They clutched their sharply aching heart and slowly, shakily lay back down.

At that moment, Ena came into view.

The duo were in what looked to be Ena's Real room.

"Mizukii!!" she cried, rushing to their side. "Are you alright?"

All Mizuki could do was force air into their still aching lungs.

Lungs that they thought Ena stabbed her in.

They starting crying, tears flooding their cheeks and blurring their vision.

Ena gently enveloped them in a hug, stroking their back and pink hair.

Mizuki let themselves relax and go limp in Ena's arms. Their head fell onto her shoulder. Ena instantly made room for them and whispered encouraging words to them under her breath.

"Shhhh . . . . It'll be okay. Everything is okay, Mizu. Everything is okay because I'm here with you. And I'll continue to stay by your side unless you tell me to leave."

Mizuki held her tighter. "Thank you, Enanan. Don't leave me here alone. Stay with me. I don't want you to go."

Ena stroked the hair on their head with her palm. "Alright. Don't worry. I'm staying here with you for as long as you want. Even if you want to stay here forever, I wouldn't hesitate to stay with you."

Mizuki was shocked by their compassion. ".... Y-You shouldn't say that."

"Why not? I meant every word of it."

They didn't have a reply.

Ena pulled back a little so they could hold Zuki's face with her hands.

"Mizuki . . . you make me feel happy when no one else does. So I thank you for that. I thank you for being strong for me even though I know you're suffering y cant i have a girlfriend like enaaaaaa 😭. I will stay with you forever. Even if you don't want me to . . . . I'll always be here."

"Why?" they couldn't help but ask.

"Because . . . ."

"Because I love you."

Mizuki stared at her for a moment before they could come up with an answer that didn't include screaming or crying.

"I love you too, Enanan."

Words: 361