Chapter 12 - Mizuki

Sekai Ena led Real Ena through a vast maze of rooms.

How big even was this apartment?  Mafuyu's sekai was infinite, so was it same thing for Mizuki?  The complication of walls made the possibility of getting lost a lot scarier. 
Real Ena needed to find that shard was fast as possible and get the hell out of there.

Something about Sekai Ena fucking freaked her out. 

"This is it." 

Mizuki's sekai was proving itself to be crazier and crazier by the second.  Just when she thought that she understood things, something had to go out and prove her wrong.  Something like Sekai Ena. 

"This is the edge of the sekai.  The sekai grows in size nearly every day, but the edge is always the same."

Welp.  At least she could say that she'd been to the edge of the world. 

The edge was of course, just as chaotic as everything else, if not more. 
Mirrors.  Broken mirrors covered in suspicious looking grime and dirt.  There were copious piles of it like this was some kind of factory dump. 
Real Ena kicked the pile with her shoe.  Great.  So mirrors sitting on a big mirror. 
Shit.  She could be stuck here forever.

"You grew up here, right?" asked Real Ena. She hated how she had to refer to herself as 'Real Ena'. She hated how she had to change her identity just because some iteration of her existed.

"Yes. I have been here since the beginning and always will. Even if Mizuki dies, I will still be here."

"But if you're made from her feelings, don't her feelings die with them?"

"No. This is an alternate dimension. It depends on Mizuki for growth, but does not depend on them to exist. Just because I was created when from Mizuki's feelings doesn't mean I die when they ultimately do." "That's weird."

"How is it weird?"

"This is an alternate dimension, what do you expect? Everything about sekais are weird because they don't follow the rules of the world I know."
Sekai Ena didn't reply.

Ah. Finally some silence. How pleasant.

"It gets lonely here." Sekai Ena admitted a few minutes later. "Except when Mizuki visits me."

"How often do they visit?"

Sekai Ena appeared to be calculating time as they gazed at the ceiling, which was dripping with a frothy, smoke-like liquid. "Every day, at least. Sometimes more, sometimes less.  It's all the same, except when the sekai grows." 
"Grows?  Like it's alive?"
"It is." 
"So . . . we're inside something that's alive?"
"Yes." she replied bluntly. 
"You're even more boring than Mafuyu."
"Glad to stoop below your expectations."

Sekai Ena gasped. "They're here."
"Mizuki?" answered Ena.
"See for yourself."

Mizuki was lying down on an empty mirror shard.

(drawing is not mine; 3 star card from project sekai owned by sega and colorful palette)

"Enanan? H-how are you here?" 

Words: 480