Chapter 28 - What Have I Done

It still isn't dry. 

The fabric room in Mizuki's sekai still had its walls garishly painted with blood.  It ruined everything, turning a once striking place into a mess. 

Mizuki themselves sits with their legs curled to their chest in a ball at the center.  The once shiny, hard floor underneath them has turned slightly spongy and malleable like wet clay.  In other words, the floor beneath Mizuki is slowly swallowing itself, like a sinkhole. 

"Enanan and I are dating now.  It's all I ever wanted, and yet . . .  My heart feels heavy . . . Can we really make this work if I don't reveal my secret? it's a different secret from the one in-game Aren't relationships built on trust and honesty or something like that?  Even knowing that . . . . I don't think I can go on.  I don't want to tell her.  I don't want to tell anyone.  The stupid part is that, at the same time, I don't think I can keep hiding it like this forever.
. . . What do I do?"

The pink-haired one decides to get up and explore the sekai.  It was empty now, without Amia.  Of course it was worth saving Ena, but . . . Amia never got a life.  Never got to experience what it was like to live in a world of freedom.  They never had any friends to laugh with other than Mizuki. 

Sigh . . .

Mizuki missed them already, but the past was the past.  It couldn't be changed, no matter how hard one tried. 

Akiyama knew that better than most.

*Flashback*

"What have I done?"

ye i got stuck so just pressed publish so u guys could see and enjoy and i can brainstorm some serious lore
MATPAT HALPPP MEHHHH

new arc soon <3

Want your Project Sekai fanfiction get more recognition?  Go to my profile and find 'Project Sekai 2023 Awards'!  I am accepting submissions until December 7th, 2023.