Chapter 25 - Back

best cliffhanger i've ever f**cking made ngl

Ena nodded, then realized Mizuki couldn't see that.

"Yes."

It was warm.

So very warm.

Warmer than Ena thought was possible.

Like it like an explosion of good feels too.

Like everything crumpled inside her was smoothing itself out.

idk what kissing is like im just b***sh*tting it 👍 👏 🙌

I kinda get why media is so obsessed with romance now, I guess. she mused tentatively.

That in itself was odd.

Since when was Ena the tentative type?

Fucking god.

What the hell is Mizuki doing to me?

They stayed like that for a few minutes before Ena said, "I want to go home." She paused, contemplating the consequences of what she just said.

"Does that mean we have to jump again?"

Mizuki's silence was an answer in itself.
"Fuck you and your stupid sekai. Nothing ever makes sense in this place."

"That's the damn point."

"Whatever. Let's just go."

The two of them walked to the edge of Mizuki's sekai in silence.

"See you later, Enanan." 

Mizuki hugged her, hand fumbling over Ena's bloodstained bag for a moment before settling on her back. 

When they finally let go, she jumped.

The fall was shockingly short compared to when Ena leaped over the edge with Mizu.

And before Enanan knew it, she was back in her room.

It was odd being there after getting stabbed by an animate sword—what the heck did that thing have against her, anyway?—almost dying and shit.

"Enaa!"

"What do you want, Akito?" 

Her brother burst through the door. "What do you mean? You're the one who asked me to get you cheesecake."

Oh. Right. Ena vaguely remembered that. It felt like so long since she'd been in the Real World, yet time had barely passed while she was gone.

"Here." Akito dropped half a cheesecake—he probably couldn't resist taking some—on her desk and promptly left the room.

Alright. Now what? Didn't she have some homework to finish . . . .?

Ughhh. Fine. She told herself if she could finish it all in an hour she could go do Niigo work. Didn't Kanade tell her to finish it before tonight? Wait. What time was it? Was it still . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . what time was it supposed to be again?

She checked her wall clock. Oh.
It was only about 25:30.

Shit.

She was late for their regular N25 meeting.

Her phone buzzed from somewhere in her room.

Words: 410