Chapter 14 - Whatever It Takes

Shinonome Ena carefully inspected Mizuki, searching for any sign of injuries. 
Mizuki was so tired they wanted to close their eyes and fall asleep, with the dim hope of never waking up. 
"I'm fine," they insisted for the millionth time.
"Are you sure?" she asked again. "Ena. You don't have to keep checking. I'm okay, really."

"I just . . . don't get it."
"Don't get what?" Mizuki asked, hiding their nervousness.
"How could we fall that far and crash into the ground, and then you don't fucking get injured whatsoever. Shit doesn't make no fucking sense."
That was the complete opposite of what Mizuki expected her to say. They laughed out of pure shock.

"So . . . you had a sekai all along. With me in it, and you didn't tell me?"
Ah. There it was. Mizuki had been waiting for the interrogation ever since they first saw Ena in their sekai.

"It wasn't like I knew how to bring you there. If I told you about it without proof, you'd call me insane and tell me to fuck off until after I get some sleep."

Ena was stunned at how accurately Mizuki described her personality. Was she that predictable?

"I would . . . . . what was your reaction when you met me and and saw that I looked like Amia?"

"I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought it was a coincidence, but . . ." There was an intensity in Mizuki's eyes that Ena couldn't explain. ". . . . it probably isn't."

For a moment, they were so close to Ena that she could feel their warm breath on her face again.

But when they blinked, they seemed to remember themselves and leaned back nonchalantly.

Everything about Mizuki was either insanely exciting or chill like that.
"I . . . I should go." said Mizuki, getting up. They winced from the dull pain in their back and hoped that Ena didn't notice.

"Wait." Ena surprised herself by holding their arm, keeping Mizuki from leaving.

"Next time . . . . you gotta gimme a tour of your sekai, okay?"

"Anything for you, Enanan."

Ena's breath caught in her throat was she watched Akiyama Mizuki disappear into thin air.

In that moment, she decided.

Ena was going to save Mizuki.

With whatever it takes.

short chapter sorry
i'll try to make the next one longer

IMPORTANT: there will be more by tmrw

haha ha woke up and couldn't go back to sleep
i am writing this at 4 am 💀 who knew i'd sink this low
the wifi sucks rn fr

Words: 412