Chapter One | Day One

Today was the day that I finally started my job as Endeavor's new secretary. I was nervous because I want to look the part as the secretary of the number one hero's agency.

My background of being an alumni at U.A and being an active pro hero has nothing to do with anything if I'm going to work alongside another pro, who I can only assume, expects much of me.

"Hey Y/N, don't forget to do your best!" My long time friend, Hizashi boomed, his amplified voice nearly deafening me.

I jerk the phone away from my ear, which is now pulsating thanks to him. "Can you not shout in my ears, Hizashi? Your voice is loud as it is without your quirk amplifying it."

"Oh—sorry yo..! I'm not used to talking to people on the phone. I like to talk to people in person," Hizashi explains, clearly embarrassed by the tone of his voice.

I laugh when I hear the sudden switch of tone. "It's okay Hizashi, I can tell. I'll call you later to tell you about my day?"

"Yep, hear from ya later Y/N..!" I take a moment before hanging up the call, getting up from the little bench by the front door and leave the house.

***

I start the car and made my way to the agency. When I got to the parking lot I made my way to the front of the agency, stopping to collect myself before walking inside the massive building.

There I was, standing in front of the doors of Endeavor Agency. I got this sudden butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach, making my breathing ragged.

"Sigh...you got this Y/N. Just walk through the door and go greet Endeavor—nothing hard about that," I mumble, trying to psych myself up.

I was so focused on psyching myself up that I hadn't noticed somebody standing behind me.

"Ahem. Ventriloquist, is it? Do you plan on going through that door at all, or are you just going to stand here all day."

Hearing such a cold and deep voice erupt from behind, I swiftly turn around in my heels, greeted by my boss's chest a couple feet away from my face. Just when all that psyching up was finally starting to pay off, it flew out the window.

"O—oh, sorry sir..! I didn't mean to hold you up." I quickly step aside and open the door for him.

Endeavor looks down at me and narrows his eyes. "That's alright. Just call me Endeavor, we're both pro here," Endeavor steps through the door, turning his head towards me. "Thank you." I just nod my head in response and follow swiftly behind him.

The elevator doors open, both of us walk in and stand in silence. Him not so much bothered by the silence, but me on the other hand, sweating bullets. The elevator doors open and I sigh in relief, finally able to breathe fresh air.

I continue to follow Endeavor and stop in front of a big set of corridors on the left side of the hallway, shocked by the sheer size of them.

Endeavor opens the door for me, waiting for me to walk in first. "This is your office. It's right across from mines, so it's easier for you to hand me paperwork and talk."

I barely manage to let out a "okay" as I fawn over the very large desk, chairs, loveseat, and large everything. I guess even the secretary's office needs to be adjusted to Endeavor's size.

My train of thoughts were broken when Endeavor spoke, facing me. "I'm going to go to my director's office to talk about matters for a bit. You can stay here or explore the agency. I'll come get you when I'm done."