Chapter Three | Hate

Endeavor's POV: Home

I finally get home and fling my shoes off to the corner of the house, where the other shoes had been neatly placed. All I want to do is just take a shower and sleep, but this sudden urge to go down to the bar and celebrate my successful day in finding a secretary overrode everything.

I drive down to my favorite bar. Luckily there weren't many citizens around to swarm me, and when they did I just waved and made my way to the bar. On the way I pass by the pro heroes Eraser Head and Present Mic...on the phone with Y/N?

A voice confirms it was indeed my newly hired secretary, Y/N. Not knowing what came over me, the number one hero, decided to sit a few seats away from the two heroes and listen in on the conversation.

"Yeah, I really do like it there guys. Endeavor's really a nice guy. He's chill and down to earth, god—I haven't met someone like that for so long..!"

Aizawa and Hizashi share a look, then back at the phone."So, this hatred for Endeavor is changed—just like that?" Aizawa said, looking at her weird.

I stupidly choke on my cocktail and quickly turn the other direction, but Eraser Head and Present Mic immediately spotted me and decided to cut the conversation short. I manage to hear the last part before they decided to end the call.

"Yeah...I'm kinda surprised about that myself. But he really does seem like a nice guy," She said.

I hear the two heroes saying goodbye, followed along by some footsteps approaching. I pray to the stars that it's fans and not the two heroes talking to Y/N earlier. Little did I know my luck had ran out; the voice hero tapped me on the shoulder and I reluctantly turn around.

Regular POV:

Endeavor takes a deep breath before turning in the stool to face the two heroes. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry to bother you Endeavor, but did you just so happen to hear the uh...last part of our call?" Hizashi says, scratching the back of his neck and internally praying that this doesn't get you fired.

Endeavor's eyes widen for a second before he catches it and puts on a calm demeanor. "The part where Ventriloquist has hatred for me?"

Aizawa and Hizashi look at each other and back at the number one hero. "Uh—yes, precisely that part."

Endeavor chugs his bourbon on rocks, leaving a generous tip and getting up from his seat. "Ahem—I need to get going now. See you."

Before Hizashi or Aizawa could make out words from their hung open mouths, Endeavor gets up from his seat and leaves the place at a paced walk and takes a sharp turn to the direction of his car.

"We're dead Aizawa. What if he fires her for that..!" Hizashi says, tugging on Aizawa's sleeve.

Aizawa jerks his sleeve back and points at Hizashi's phone. "Hey. This is not the time to be freaking out. Just tell her what happened first before jumping to any conclusions."

"Oh, yeah Right." Hizashi takes out his phone and texts Y/N what happened.

Y/N's POV: Bzz Bzzz

I was in the middle of watching my favorite show, "How I Met Your Mother". I was in the middle of laughing when I heard a buzzing sound. I pick it up to see Hizashi spamming me every 0.2 seconds.

I unlock my phone and decided to call him instead, because whatever he had to talk about was pretty urgent.

"Mm hello? I thought you and Aizawa were going to get a drink together—why are you call me?" I asked, grabbing the remote to turn down the volume.

Hizashi can barely make out any words when I hear Aizawa curse under his breath and snatch the phone. "Hey, uh Y/N? We got a problem."

"What's your problem..? Something I can help with?" I'm now full of concern for my two friends.

I sit there in silence for a moment when Aizawa collects his thoughts. "What? No—it's not us that's in trouble...it's you."

"What? I don't understand. How can I be the one in trouble here? I didn't even do anything," I said, not taking them seriously.

Aizawa sighs through the receiver. "You're not going to believe this, but, when we were talking about your hatred for Endeavor...someone heard the conversation."

"W—what..?" My stomach was becoming a bottomless pit, something psyching myself up can't fix.

Hizashi took over with speaking. "We don't know if he's necessarily mad about what you said, so don't be discouraged Y/N..!"

All I could do was sit there, frozen in my tracks. Did I hear that right? When I finally make amends with my hatred for the man—karma goes to bite me in the ass. How am I supposed to explain that to Endeavor?

"Wait wait wait—just how much did he hear about our conversation?" I asked, gripping my throw pillow like my life depended on it.

Hizashi and Aizawa sigh. "That's the problem. We don't know when he first sat down and what he heard."

My heart was now all the way down to my foot. How could I be so stupid? Talking about my hatred for my new boss not expecting him or someone to hear. "I—I'll call you guys later. I need to think for a bit."

"Okay, bye Y/N." They said in unison, hanging up the phone.

"Shit shit shit shit. What am I going to do?! I can't just act like I didn't openly admit to hating my boss." I grip my hair so hard in frustration that if I were to fall, there goes my hair.

I practically stay up all night trying to figure out what to do and try to suppress my thoughts until morning. I ended up with five hours of sleep and a shit ton of anxiety.