Chapter Thirty | Final Battle

"That would've been my first punch since you left," I complained, smiling when she rolls her eyes at my childlike behavior.

Incognito points at the door to her right. "I mean, I could leave and let you get a blow on him and hangout with the group..."

I scowl, tapping my foot on the ground and my hands on my hips. "Since you're here, minus well stay and fight."

"Much obliged." Incognito sarcastically tips her imaginary hat toward me, placing her other hand behind her back.

Chisaki's vein pops out of his temple, his eyebrow twitching. "Hey—can you two get this over with?"

"What's the rush? You're the one who was just standing still for five minutes straight," I shot back.

"I. Have. Somewhere. To. Be," Chisaki enunciated, the irritation coming out with each word.

I steal a glance at Chisaki, a part of me dying to laugh at his frustration. "We all have someplace to be, Chisaki. You're not special."

"Damnnnn," Incognito says, putting her fist up to her mouth.

"Arg—shut up!" Chisaki hurls a boulder my way, to which I hop off of and land to the side of him.

I pat his shoulder, jumping away just before he turns around. "You gotta be quicker than that."

"I was worried for a second about having to fight Chisaki while injured, but if this is his best, we'll be fine," Incognito taunts, kicking Chisaki's leg from under him.

We both jump away from Chisaki when he tries to swipe at the both of us, landing on the big boulder he threw at me earlier.

"Remember what you said to me, "Don't get cocky", was it?" Chisaki remarks, smirking at the both of us.

Incognito points at me, confusing me. "She's the one who said that, not me. So I wouldn't be going back on any words."

"Going back on my words? I would neverrr." I say, swiping my hand at her.

Chisaki groans and flings his hands to either side of him, attracting our attention. "Are all heroes this annoying? Or is that just the two of you?"

"Depends. Villains usually find heroes annoying in general when they know their losing the battle," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Alright," Chisaki lifts up his legs and rolls on his back, hauling himself into a squatting position. "Let's get this over with."

I crack my knuckles, flinging my arms in preparation. "Okay, let's do this Incognito."

"Right back at you." Incognito looks at me nodding her head, and just like that, we're jumping towards Chisaki with our fists in front of us.

When we start to get closer towards Chisaki, he doesn't move, let alone brace himself. "What are you just sitting there for? Didn't you have, "some place to be"?"

When we're about to hit him in the face, he catches both of our fists in his hands. "I do. I just wanted to get back at you for what you did to me."

Chisaki smiles when he sees that none of us are smirking anymore. "What happened? Cat got your tongue? You were all about taunting me a second ago, what changed?"

Before any of us could do anything, he slams us into each other and flings us into the same boulder we had been standing on a moment ago.

"Ack!" I spit up blood, the pain in my sides. returning in tenfold. I look to my left and see Incognito, wiping blood from the side of her mouth.