Chapter Four | Guilt

I woke up extra early to be at the agency and in my office before Endeavor even got to work, not wanting to face Endeavor after him just hearing that I hated his guts.

I turn to music for an answer because I always loved music and it calmed me down 99.9% of the time. And just to my luck, this was the .1% that it didn't work.

Endeavor's POV: Parking Lot

I've been sitting in the parking lot for the past ten minutes, not sure if I should go up to Y/N or not. I bury my face into my hands, dragging them against it, making a creepy expression.

"Why does she hate me? I mean she can't possible hate me anymore—right? I swear she enjoyed it when we were talking—unless she faked it..." I sigh deeply, quickly opening the door before I went through the overthinking stage again.

I take a deep breath before marching into my agency, going up to the floor where both of our offices reside. I decided to give Y/N space, to try and avoid any unnecessary tension. It'll just be strictly professional between the two of us until then.

Y/N's POV: Office

I sit dead still in my chair, heart beating to the point it might jump out of my chest. Why? Because I can hear my boss's heavy footsteps. Thankfully, they seemed to have dialed down, giving me a moment to relax.

I decide to look at my laptop for today's schedule, to prepare for any kind of contact with him today. And just when things couldn't be more south, they managed to go south; I had two meetings and a one on one strategy meet up with him and Hiroko.

I fold my arms and drop my head onto them. "why god? Why? Why did he have to be there just when my now gone hatred for him was brought up? Wait—maybe he heard the part where I said I like him." My face lit up at the thought. And just like that, I was all sunshine and rainbows.

30 Minutes Later~

I shut my laptop and get up from my chair, taking it with me. I decided to get to the meeting room earlier than Endeavor so that I had more time to recollect myself. Just when I thought I was alone, I opened the door and immediately made eye contact with him.

I give a warm smile to the man and slightly bow. "Good morning Endeavor. How was your day so far?"

Endeavor's POV: Meeting Room

I wanted to get to the meeting room first—practically raced out my office doors and into the meeting room, so that I didn't feel all eyes on me—especially not from Y/N.

I open the door in relief when I don't see her in sight, just to have panic rush all over me again. What if she came early? What would I say? What would I do? Do I confront her then? What would I even s—

The door opens and surely enough, the one person I tried to get away from was thinking the same thing as me; get to the meeting room first.

"Good morning Endeavor. How was your day so far?"

Did she just ask me how my day was going? I stand there for a good minute, silent.

Idiot, hurry up and respond! I was having a full blown internal battle between my inner catalogues.

"Ahem. Good morning Y/N. My day was—manageable. And you?"