Chapter Twenty Seven | Separated

A/N: I'm so sorry for not posting on time lately! I'm getting busy 🥹

***

"Well that wasn't much progress." Aizawa stated, letting out a low whistle.

I stop short after Aizawa, scanning everyone's puzzled expression. "I don't think we can count that as progress."

"Well, what do we do now? It's not like we have quirks that can smash through things." Rock Lock pointed out.

Everyone slowly turns to FatGum, whose somehow in the middle of eating. "Huh? Oh—okay."

FatGum shoves the rest of the takoyaki into his mouth, running up to the wall and...getting abducted?

"FatGum!"

Before we could try and go after him, the walls and floors started to shake and split, dividing each of us into separate sections.

In the span of a few seconds, walls surround us and the ground from beneath me collapses, causing me to tumble down the debris.

"Damnit..." I muttered, looking around me.

"Y/n! Are you there?" I whip my head around, the voice startling me.

I scan each corner carefully. "Yeah, I'm here! You see a way out?"

"No, I don't," Aizawa pauses for a moment. "It seems that everyone's near each other, so the walls can't be that dense."

"Where's the Midoriya or Kirishima kid? Can't they break through the walls easily?" I asked, still trying to look for a weak spot.

"They got put on the search group." Both of us sigh at the same time.

"Maybe we can try to—"

Crack

I turn around, my brows knitted together. "Hold on."

"What was that?" Aizawa called, voice echoing.

I watch as a mud-like liquid emerges from the crack in the walls, taking shape into a person.

"I think I just found my first opponent." I straighten out my posture, trying to read my not yet fully formed opponent.

"Wait—we don't know the quirks of these villains! Be careful!"

I look back at the wall for a second, even though he can't see me. "I'm not the top 7 hero for nothing!"

"Just keep your guard up." I chuckle when I hear him scoff, his footsteps receding. "Alrighty, let's get this over with."

When the figure's done shaping, it reveals the wanted criminal, Toga.

"Ta da!" Toga sarcastically flinches when she sees me ready to fight. "Woah, what's with the violence?"

"What..?" I put my arms down, straightening out my posture. "I'm confused—we're not fighting?"

"Um—nope!" Toga gleefully smiles at me, making me unknowingly take a step back. "I'm here to help!"

"Ummm...right," I slowly turn my upper torso, pointing at the freshly made wall. "What do we do about this?"

"Oh—him? That's easy! He hides in the walls so that he can hear and see everything! Just find him and bingo!"

I cup my mouth with my hands, using it as a way to enhance my voice over the too tall wall. "Hey, Aizawa! Did you get that?"

After a pause, I finally get a reply. "Yeah! I just have to find out where he is."

"You traitors! I knew you weren't to be trusted!" A squeaky voice erupted from the walls, echoing.

I whip my head to see a new puddle of mud-like liquid come from the cracks, quickly forming into the other wanted criminal, Twice.