Chapter Fourteen | Heights

I wake up energetic as ever, ready to start the day. Or was it secretly because I wanted to see Enji? Whatever the reason, I got out of bed and swiftly get ready for work.

I park in the usual spot and head for the agency doors. I go up to the 17th floor and open my office doors, inhaling the smell of mahogany wood. I plop onto the chair and play music on my phone, happy that the room was sound proof so that no one heard my terrible singing.

I was so into the music that I didn't realize there was a text message sent 17 minutes ago. I wince when I see how long the ago the message was sent; I hate taking forever to reply to people.

I unlock my phone and see that Hizashi had texted, have you seen mr. matching yet. Even when he's busy with teaching he still finds time to make fun of me.

Ha ha very funny Hizashi.
No I didn't see Mr. Matching yet

I bet you were just in the middle of a make out session

What—why would I do that with my boss?

Why else would you take so long to reply to me

I was listening to music...

So you really weren't with him?

No
I was in my office listening to music

I thought that you do paperwork and stuff with him

I only did that a few times
It's not a mandatory thing—just wanted to help.

Just wanted to help
You sure it's not just because you wanted to see him
😏

Shut up Hizashi
Don't you have paperwork to do right now🤨

Touché
Text ya later Y/N

✌🏼

I was about to resume my singing when I saw the door open in the corner of my eye. I whip my head towards the direction of the doors to see Enji standing there.

"Didn't meant to startle you," Enji says, posing awkwardly against the doorframe.

I put my hand up in a dismissive way and smile. "It's okay. What did you need?"

Enji clears his throat and suddenly has a stern look on his face. "We got in called by NightEye. He says that the meeting has to be earlier than scheduled."

"Okay," I stuff my phone into my back pocket and grab the suitcase for the hero costume. "All set."

"You don't want to change first?" Enji asks, pointing at the suitcase. "I can wait. No rush."

"Is that really okay with you? I don't wanna hold you up on the meeting," I said, debating on whether or not to change.

Enji looks at his watch then back at me. "The meeting doesn't start until an hour from now so you can take your time, really."

"Okay. Give me five minutes and then we can leave," I close the door and lock it.

Why is it every time I look at him he gets hotter and hotter? Especially in that hero costume—wow, I have got to stop looking.

After snapping back to reality, I frantically change, feeling like I've been daydreaming for what seemed like a decade. I swing open the door, surprising Enji at the sudden action. "I'm all set to go."

"Okay, let's get going," I follow behind Enji, ready to go for the elevator, but instead he keeps walking straight ahead to his office.