Chapter Five | Memories

After the second meeting finally ended both Endeavor and I went up to his office to have the strategy meet up with Hiroko.

"Is Kuzumochi all you eat?" I teased, walking towards Endeavor's office.

Endeavor scoffs, making me cock an eyebrow at him. "Of course not. I just prefer kuzumochi during work. It's quick and easy to eat."

"The number one hero, Endeavor, too lazy to eat any other food because it's "too tedious". That'd be an article I would read." Both of you open the door, spotting a patient Hiroko sitting on the loveseat.

"Hey ya guys!" Hiroko beams, waving her hand profusely at the two of you.

I wave back at Hiroko with the same amount of energy. "Hi, Hiroko! You're here so early?" I slowly walk into the office, waiting for an answer.

"Oh, I just thought I'd come here early," Hiroko shrugs her shoulders, her face still full of sunshine and rainbows. "No reason."

They're definitely dating..! Why else would they be walking around joking. Boss never did that with anyone in years since Rei.

Endeavor motions me to sit on the loveseat next to Hiroko, him sitting behind his desk. "So, what do we have to improve our stocks strategically?"

"Well you can't possibly offer any more positions for sidekicks, because I doubt you can even name 10 of your current ones." Hiroko and I snort, receiving a glare from Endeavor.

Endeavor raises his hands and waves them side to side mockingly. "Ha ha ha, very funny guys."

"You do have a lot of sidekicks though. What is it? 20?" I said, joking.

"Actually, I have 36 sidekicks."

I choke on my water, fighting for my life as water seeps into my airway. "Y—you have how many?!" I continue to cough.

"Yep, that's boss for ya. I don't know myself why he has so many sidekicks. I wonder if it's like clothes for him; he picks a certain sidekick for a certain day,"Hiroko and I burst out laughing at the idea of Endeavor calling his sidekicks based on the weather.

Endeavor props his chin on his hand, blowing raspberries. "Can we get this over with, please."

I can't help but laugh at the man pouting because he's being joked about. "I'm sorry Endeavor. I didn't mean to make you sad."

Hiroko jerks her body the other way, cupping her hands over her mouth to prevent her from losing it. I see my colleague fighting for her life in attempt not to get scolded making me want to burst out laughing too.

Endeavor looks at the both of us in disbelief. "You two are ridiculous—you know that? How can you be making fun of your boss? Aren't you afraid of being fired?"

I fold my body in half, my stomach hurting from the constant laughter. "I'm sorry...it's just—who knows? Maybe you do choose your sidekicks like everyday people choose clothes."

Endeavor's flames hiss at the comment, making both both of you try to keep your lips from curling upwards. "Now, let's get this over with. I still have to review the notes and summary of the meetings."

"Yes sir!" Both Hiroko and I chirped, Endeavor rolling his eyes.

The three of you ended up talking for two hours, mostly spending that time making jokes rather than talking strategy.

"You're not going to stay longer, Hiroko?" I asked, getting up when I see Hiroko packing.

Hiroko flashes a smile at me as she packs her stuff. "Nope. I'm kinda busy with work right now. My department had a lot of campaigns to go through."