Chapter Eleven | Getting Ready

Y/N's POV: Home

I step into my house and kick off my shoes, feeling immediate relief as my feet were finally free from their restraints. I quickly make my way to the bedroom and swing open the bathroom door, hopping into the shower.

I dry myself off and swing open the bathroom door, flinging open my closet door. There hang a billion dresses I barely touched. I really only wear these things to awards/ceremonies for heroes and stuff like that. Not to dinner.

What should I wear? This balck long body-con dress? Or is that too weird? Maybe the mid length blue sheath dress? Or is that too lax? I don't know anymore. Why is dinner so stressful?? Not like he's gonna pay attention to me—like that.

After a good minute of debating which was too formal and which was too lax, I finally settled on a blue bardot fold dress that had an exceptional split, and was perfect length when wearing heels.

Good thing I didn't have a wide variety of dresses, or I'd really be here for a while. I only wear plain colors like black, navy, velvet, and dark/royal blue, because they go with almost every occasion. A green and white one, but those are out of the question. I don't even remember wearing those.

After throwing on a dress I put on natural make up like usual and let my hair down, giving it a thorough combing before snatching one last look at myself in the closet mirror and putting on my shoes. It was a pretty successful fit.

8:03

"Sigh...I only took 20 minutes total to get dressed. Thank god I wasn't as indecisive as usual tonight," I sit on the little cushioned bench in the hallway, texting Enji.

Enji's POV: Home

I get home and toss my keys on top of the hallway table before propping the tip of my shoes against the back of the other shoe, taking it off and making my way to the bedroom.

I open the closet door and stare at my many variety of suits. To tuxedos, to semi-formal, to regular everyday suits. I take tuxedos out to the equation because—who the hell wears a tux to eat?

Should I wear my go-too black suit or navy one? Black seems to formal-ish. But black could go with anything she would wear. Wait. Am I worrying about matching with Y/N? No, just pick something and go with it.

I overthink everything for a good 5 minutes before finally deciding to take a quick shower before anything else. I hurriedly jump out the shower and back in front of the all too familiar closet. Back to square one.

I quickly snatch the navy suit from the closet, sliding the door closed before I had a chance to take it back. I dry off my hair and put on the suit, still wondering what Y/N's going to be wearing.

Why am I so interested in what she's wearing?

I brush the thought out of my head and make my way towards the front door, putting on my shoes before unlocking the door and getting into the car.

7:59

"17 minutes to get ready...that was longer than usual. I hope she's not waiting on me," I mutter the last part before starting the car, making my way towards Y/N's house.

Thank god she's still in the house. That means she's still getting ready—or is she waiting on me? Did she forget she has my number—argh stop overthinking it Enji. She's fine.

Ring Ring~

I pick up my phone and see Y/N's name pop up on the screen. I'm ready now. It's officially confirmed: she wasn't waiting on me. I don't know why, but I feel so relieved.