Chapter Six | Cocktail

1 Year Ago

Y/N's POV: Moonshine Bar

I walk into the all too familiar bar, taking in the smell of every mixture of alcohol the bar had to offer, the cool air making my skin prick. I walk up to the bar, settling into my chair.

"Back again so soon?" My favorite bartender, Kenji asked, wiping a cocktail shaker with a cloth.

"Yep. The usual, please." I slump onto the cool counter, feeling comfort as soon as my skin hits the smooth wooden surface.

"We'll be rich with just the amount of times you come here alone," Kenji snickers, receiving a finger from me with my head still down.

"Yeah yeah yeah, shut up," I said sarcastically, failing to keep up my tough act when l feel a smile creeping up the corners of my lips.

"Tough day? It's the third time you came to us this week—in a row, might I add," Kenji remarks, taking a glass and filing it with vodka for a customer.

I bury my head into my arms, groaning into the pit, slowly raising my head. "You have no idea Kenji."

"I've had to deal with you for the past two years now. I think I know what stressful is." I glare at Kenji, who gives me a sweet, sarcastic smile.

"You have a lot of jokes to tell tonight."

Kenji starts to make my concoction of choice when we both turn to see a tall man walk in. "Do you guys just have nothing to do..?" Kenji mutters.

The tall and to be honest, well built man, sat down at the seat next to me, seeming to also be going through something, groaning into his hands.

"One bourbon on the rocks," the man said, looking directly past Kenji.

Kenji swiftly finishes making my drink, decorating the glass with a spiral orange peel. "You got it boss."

"Here ya go." Kenji slides the drink perfectly into my cupped hand before working on the guy's drink.

I take a swig of my drink, sighing in relief when the liquor hits my tastebuds. "Thanks Kenji."

"No problem." Kenji slides the man his drink and wipes the counter off with a different cloth, leaving to serve other people walking up to the counter.

"Do you always get Whiskey old fashioned?" The man asked me, clearly shaking me out of my train of thoughts.

I sluggishly turn to look at the man. "I dunno. It's just always been my go-to drink. Nothing else."

"You don't want to try any other drinks? There's more drinks than just that," The man said, taking a big gulp of his bourbon.

I scoff and raise my brow, swirling the glass in my hand. "And what about you? "There's other drinks, you know.""

The man chuckles and looks at his drink, a smile plastered on his face. "Fair enough."

"Do you come here often? Because every time I come here I see you—and I come here a lot," I stated, looking at the man with curious eyes.

The man slightly turns his body to face me, his face friendly and nice. I guess I'm not the only one who needed the drink as an energy booster.

"I come here a few times a week. You?"

"Pretty much," I answer, leaning onto the counter. "Hey, what's your name? I realize I don't know your name, but always seem to run into you."

"Enji. Enji Todoroki. And your name?"

"Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you Enji. Well—not meet—but you know what I meant," I sputter, my face getting hot.

Enji starts to laugh a hearty one, shaking his head. "No, I get what you mean. Don't worry."

I sigh in relief. "Okay, good. I was hoping that you understood me and I didn't look like a complete fool."

Enji lets out a deep sigh, me naturally turning my head to face him. "Wow—we've been bumping into each other for almost half a year now and we never asked for each other's names."

"Really..?! It's been that long?" I stare out into the the bottles of alcohol and mixtures behind the counter, a huff of air escaping my lips. "I didn't realize how long I've been running into you and how long I've been wasting my year away coming here."

"Even though I tell you that you come here way too many times," Kenji mutters, pretending to wipe the already dry cocktail shaker in his hand.

"I'm going to pretend that you didn't just say that." Enji and Kenji both laugh at my grumpy expression.

Kenji sighs and heaves the dirty towels over his shoulder and turns towards a curtain behind him. "My shift ends now. Have a safe night you two."

"Byeee Kenji..! See you next week!" I semi-shout after Kenji, who stops in his track.

"Tch. Already drunk in the span of 15 minutes. For shame," Kenji waves at the both of us, walking towards the curtains. "See ya."

Me and Enji say bye to Kenji before slumping back into the chair, head rested on the counter.

"Hard day? This is your third drink in the span of a ten minute conversation," Enji says, his eyes on me while taking the remainder of his drink.

I gently put down the now empty glass, left with just the spiraled orange peel. "Yep. Been busy non stop ever since joining the hero association."

"You're a pro hero?" Enji nearly choked on his spit when he hears the sudden revelation.

I prop my chin onto my hand and look at him. "Yep. Joined right after graduating. Hard day for you too? You look tired."

"Yeah. Busy day at my agency." Enji blows raspberries before ordering another drink for the both of us.

"Thanks Enji," I said with a dumbfounded face, not being able to remember the last time I met someone who'd be willing to buy me a drink.

Enji chuckles and waves his hand. "No need to thank me. Just thought you could use another drink...I know I could."

"Heh...yeah," The both of us laughed, effortlessly talking the night away.

***

Resume: Present Time

"I can't believe I never asked what your hero name was," Endeavor says, facepalming himself.

I plop my arms onto his desk, cracking my knuckles after finishing the second stack of paper. "Yeah, I can't believe I didn't ask you what agency you owned. It's not everyday you see a millionaire walk into a bar."

"Well I'm glad that you're my secretary, Y/N." I whip my head to face Endeavor, surprised he used my name.

I quickly adjust, a smile forming at his attempt to be more comfortable with me. "I'm glad that you're my boss, Enji."