Chapter Eight | Uber

Enji's POV:

I couldn't help but feel angry at the fact that such a sweet person can be treated so cruelly. It made me angry that someone had to bear the same thing I did.

"Hey, Enji?"

"Yes, Y/n?" I look down, seeing Y/n struggle to keep her heavy eyelids from closing.

"W...what was...your household...like." Before I could respond, I felt her head feel slightly heavier; she had fallen asleep.

I move the hair out of her face and wipe the tears off her cheeks. A smile forming on my face. "Messy. Very messy."

I try to slowly get up, but Y/n's hand tightens the grip on mines. "N—no..! Please don't leave me..." A frown forms on my face, wondering what she could have went through.

I sit back down, my hand rubbing her back. "Okay, I'm not going anywhere. Shh..." I feel her grip loosen, nestling her head into the crook of my neck.

What am I supposed to do? I can't stay like this forever. Or have her sleep here. Wait—I can just look for her keys.

After staying still for a good five minutes, I get up again and lay her flat in the loveseat, which I didn't realize was so big until I laid Y/n down on it and was nearly twice her size.

I go on a mission to go look for her keys in her purse, taking a decade to find because she has a purse that's not fit for my big hands. I finally found them and slowly picked Y/n back up, holding her bridal style.

I open the door that leads to the penthouse like room. I open the very big window, setting my foot on the rim of it.

"It might be a little cold. Hold on for a bit." I use my quirk to heat up my body, careful not to ignite the woman with the flames. Just enough to warm her up.

I hold Y/n closer to my chest when I feel her shiver rapidly, her body desperately trying to warm up. I jump down and hop off a few other buildings to lighten the landing and get to the car. I open the door to the passenger side and lower the seat before laying her down.

I get in the car and realize I don't have a clue where she lives. I silently apologize before rummaging through her purse, finding her phone which thankfully had her home address on her contact info. She lives in the same neighborhood as I do. What are the odds of that?

13 Minutes Later: Regular POV

Enji parks in the driveway, slowly raising the seat back up to pick you up easier. He struggles to open the door, with his whole arm down to his wrist supporting your body, holding it in place, making it almost impossible for him to open the door.

After getting into many weird positions to open the front door, Enji kicks off his shoes and makes his way upstairs looking for your bedroom. He spots it and opens the door and heads to your bed, leaning down to fling the blanket off to the other side to lay you down, then gently placing the blanket over you.

Enji's POV:

"Goodnight Y/n," I softly said, careful not to wake her up. I quietly close her room door and leave her house, making my way to my own.

***

I finally get home and kick off my shoes for the last time, trudging towards the bedroom. I slide open the door and grab my sleeping clothes, ready to take a hot shower and knock out.

***

'Why was she so clingy? Did they put hands on her..? No—what are you doing—Prying into someone's life like that...'

I blow raspberries and decided not to think too much about it. I slide open the bathroom door, letting the steam escape into the bedroom room. I plop onto my bed and immediately fall asleep.

Y/N's POV:

Beep beep beep

I slowly open my eyes, vision blurry and eyes puffy from crying last night. My head hurt and my eyes were feeling every slight breeze that passed by. What a great way to start the day.

"Umm...what the hell." I stop dead in my tracks when I remember a voice talking to me last night. "Wait. How did I get home?"

"Goodnight Y/n."

"Enji took me home..?" I snap out of my trance and go get ready for work—my previous night's work clothes were still on. "To the shower it is."

I get my already ready purse, nothing had been taken out of the bag except for my phone, which was charging. I was about to get in my car when I see that my car was missing from my driveway.

"Oh shit! My car's still at the agency. How am I going to get there..?" I stand on the front porch, my fingertips pressed against my temple and forehead.

Who should I call? Hizashi and Aizawa are already at U.A teaching...and I don't have Enji's number. I'll just call and Uber. B—how are they gonna get in if it requires a passcode for the gate..? Ughhh.

Honk Honk

I whip my head away from my phone, one button away from calling Uber. There he was, right in front of me in his car.

"Do you plan to stand there all day or do you plan to get in?" Enji teased, turning his head to look at me with a raised brow.

I smirk at the remark made from the first day at the agency. Well, outside the agency. "Hi Enji..!" I speed walk towards the car, plopping onto the comfortable leather seat. "Thanks for picking me up."

Enji takes the car off park and cruises down the neighborhood, on the way to the exit gate. "No problem. I thought it better to pick you up since your car's still back at the agency."

***

Enji gets to the agency and parks next to my car, opening the door for me. I smile and get out the car, waiting for him to lock the car before walking towards the agency.

"Thank you, Enji."

"For what? It's not that hard to open the door for somebody," Enji says, closing the door.

I turn my whole body around to face Enji, a smile stretching from ear to ear. "No, that's not what I meant—I meant thank you for hearing me out last night."

Enji stops in his tracks, turning to face me. "You don't have to thank me for that, Y/n. I know it's hard growing up with that kind of family...I would know."

We walk into the elevator, none of us breaking the eye contact. I smile a sweet one. "I really needed that night. You listening to my fair share of pain."

"I'll always be here for you," Endeavor said, the words rolling off his tongue as if we had known each other since childhood.

My eyes widen, then back to normal. "I know...I know," I put my hand on his shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze. "And if you ever need me to be there to hear you out, remember, I'll always be there for you, too."

Enji smiles at me. "Thank you, Y/n." The both of us turn to face forward and straighten out as the elevator door opens.

10 Minutes Earlier: Parking Lot

"Gasp...are they dating..?!"