Chapter Thirty Seven | Discharged

A/N: Woohoo, only three more chapters to go!

***

After exactly five days and nights of "cliche" dinners and very much appreciated sleepovers, the doctor finally gave me the all clear to be discharged and go about my day, that didn't consist of staring at the hospital walls.

"You got everything?" Enji asks, holding the door open with his body.

I look up at and give him a thumbs up, seeing him look at me patiently. "Yep, all ready to go now."

"Okay, let's go—" Before Enji could utter the last word, I was already out the door and down the hall, taking a sharp turn towards the elevators. "—now..." Enji smiles, jogging down the hall.

When Enji gets into view and close enough, I start jumping up and down inside the elevator. "Hurry, hurry!"

Enji gets to the elevator just in time as it closes, raising an eyebrow at me. "You that eager to go home?"

"Dying to go home, actually. Better than being in this gloomy prison," I say, blowing out an air of relief just as the doors open, revealing the ground floor.

Enji chuckles, catching my attention. "What?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing." Enji and I walk out the hospital together, his gaze directed in front of him. "It's just that you're so cute."

I blink at him, then whip my direction towards the sun, attempting to hide the blush forming on my cheeks. "O—oh..."

Enji looks at me for a moment, his smile growing when he sees my startled expression.

After a very silent walk—at least for me—we finally make it to his car, to which he opens the passenger door for me. "You want to go get something to eat before we head back to your house?"

"Head back to my house?" I ask, a frown forming on my face.

Enji's face turns from calm to puzzled, his head titled. "I don't understand—you don't want to go home? Weren't you just excited about the mention of going home?"

"I said it's better than the gloomy prison called a hospital, actually. And I hate being home," I say, my voice full of confidence. "It's lonely in there. Oh, I know—how 'bout you go with me?"

Enji closes the passenger side door, jogging to the back of the car and making his way to the driver's side. "I have to get back to work. Seems like I slacked off a little too much this week."

"Then I should go with you..! Since I'm the reason you've been so distracted lately," I insist, my face beaming.

Enji scoffs at me, starting the car and backing out the parking lot. "No, Y/n. But nice try, I'll give you that."

"Why nooot?" I whine, a pout forming on my lips.

Enji glances at me for a second, back to focusing on the road. "Because you need rest, Y/n. Just because the doctor gave you the all clear, doesn't mean you still don't need further rest."

"Hmph...fine," I mutter, dramatically crossing my arms over my chest. "You're a real energy killer, ya know?"

"I am not," Enji says, the view of my house coming in from a distance. "I'm just a guy who's worried about his girlfriend—my heart nearly came to a halt at the title—who he doesn't want to collapse on him mid-sentence."

I face palm, sliding my hand down my face. "Aizawa told you about that?"

"Yes, and he was very adamant about mentioning you functioning worse than an old man in his nineties," Enji adds, chuckling at the mental image.