Chapter Thirty One | Aftermath

A/N: I apologize for posting so late! I'm very busy with moving at the moment...I know technically I'm posting on Tuesday, but for once I'm not going to be technical and count this as still being Monday :)

***

We haul Chisaki's cold body out from the disastrous room; now part of the streets from the neighborhood up above, giving him to the police.

"Incognito! Ventriloquist!" A group of police officers jog towards us, saluting for a brief moment. "Thank you so much for getting the wanted criminal Chisaki!"

"It's no big deal. But, where's the rest of the dispatched groups?" Incognito asks, looking around the crowd.

"Some of the groups are with the ambulance, and the rest is talking with the police over there," the cop said, pointing past us.

I nod my head, jogging down the chosen area and towards a group of people. When I stop, I clearly see our group in view.

"Hey, Aizawa..!" I shout, getting his attention from within the ruined building. "Do you need any help?"

Aizawa squints his eyes at me, the beating sun peering in from outside. "Uh, yeah! Help me get Eri to the police!"

When Aizawa gets closer to the ledge of the hole that's revealing the Yakuza's hideout, I squat down and place her in my arms.

"She has a fever, what happened?" I ask, placing a hand over her forehead.

Aizawa lets out a low whistle, capturing my attention. "I'm not sure what her quirk is exactly, but after using it she passed out."

"Did you see what her quirk did?" Incognito asks, scanning the ruined neighborhood.

"She was holding on to Deku, who was fighting a villain in sight, and he got this injury—but after she used her quirk—it was gone."

"But the weirdest thing about her quirk is that it seemed as if the battle between the two repeated." Rock Lock added.

Now my attention was on him. "What do you mean by that? She has some time manipulation quirk?"

"That's what we think is most likely the reason for what we saw earlier," Aizawa cautioned. "The police probably know more about her quirk."

I nod my head again, getting up from my squat position and slowly pacing towards the police.

When we reach the same policemen again, I slow down. "Do you know anything about Eri's quirk?"

"I believe the chief mentioned something about Eri being able to turn back time." One of the officers answered.

"But he did say that...her dad "died", because she doesn't know how to control it." The other cop whispered.

I smile when the cop whispers so that Eri doesn't hear our conversation, even though she's sleeping as soundly as a kid with a fever can.

"Do you need Eri right now? If not, I'm going to go over to the nurses over there," I say, using my arm to point past us.

The cops violently shake their heads, making me and Incognito laugh. "Uh—nope! You can bring her over, we'll fill in the chief for ya."

"Okay, thanks guys!"

I slightly no! my head before making my way towards the ambulance, almost immediately catching the attention of the nurse.

"You can put her down on the stretcher over here. We'll be right with her when we get our kit." One of the nurses instruct.

"Okay."I lay Eri down on the stretcher, positioning the ambulance car so the sun's not in her face.