Chapter Thirty Four | Confession Pt.2

A/N: I want to apologize for accidentally publishing the chapter on Monday and unpublishing it. I was trying to save the chapter. Sorry for those I inconvenienced!

***

When Enji closes the door behind us, I let out a deep breath, catching his attention. "What's wrong?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing. Just feels good to get some fresh air after being in there is all," I explain, stretching out my arms. "Should we do something?"

"Like what?" Enji asks, looking down the halls.

I shrug my shoulders, wincing when I feel the stitches stretching. "I dunno. Somewhere other than here, sounds really good right now."

"Well I'm not the injured one, so you tell me where you want to go," Enji says, looking at the time on his watch that's somehow still intact. "Wanna go for a walk..."

Enji slowly stops his talking when the door to NightEye's room opens, revealing Aizawa and Nurse Chiyo. And like earlier, Aizawa's glaring at me accusingly.

Enji leans down toward my ear, Aizawa's glare getting more accusing and intense as he follows the movement. "Do you want me to leave while you talk to Eraserhead? He seems, erm...like he has something to say."

I lean my head toward Enji, none of our eyes leaving Aizawa's."Yeah, that'd be a good idea." He didn't need to be told twice, because he practically dashed down the halls.

When I turn back, Aizawa's eyes meet mine. "So...you wanna tell me what all that was about?" Aizawa asks, waving his finger at me and what was where Enji was standing.

I stare at him blankly, looking around the room for nonexistent support, or some sort of a hint. "Umm...it would be really nice if you could elaborate."

"I saw that in the room. The touching your shoulder? Asking if you wanted to leave to get air? If you were alright? The list goes on," Aizawa says, going on further. "As far as I'm concerned, that is way more than just boss and employee."

My body tenses, cheeks red and hot like never before. I mean, I figured he'd confront me about the whole thing, but that was too upfront. I quickly gather myself, clearing my throat. "He was just worried about me...as his employee."

Aizawa cocks his brow at me, his head tilting in a, did you really just say that to me, way. Even I don't believe what I just said. Not after what he said to me when I woke up.

"What are you thinking about?"

"What?" I quickly say, his question bringing me back from the daydreaming world.

"You were thinking about something just now. What was it," Aizawa demands, his arms crossed over his chest. "I'm not letting up until you tell me."

"I was, umm...just thinking about...stuff..." when I see that I obviously sucked ass at the excuse, I continue with the truth. "...specifically what Enj—Endeavor said when I woke up earlier."

"What did he say?" Aizawa asks, a hint of interest in his monotone voice.

My cheeks redden again, alarming Aizawa. "He didn't say anything like that...!" I clarify, Aizawa's cheeks now turning red. "He said...he wouldn't know what to do without me..."

Aizawa's eyes get so wide I think they'll pop out their sockets. A few seconds later they go back to normal, his head shaking and a smirk forming. "Tsk tsk tsk...and you said it was a professional relationship between the two of you."

"I didn't say all that. All I said was that we aren't dating," I correct, happy that the air isn't so suffocating anymore. "I don't know about the word professional when describing our relationship."