Chapter Twelve | Dinner

A/N: Thank you guys so much for choosing to read my story! I'm so happy that we reached over a hundred views! It means a lot to me🥹

***

We walk up towards the restaurant door when Enji opens the door for me, holding out his arm to gesture me inside.

When Enji opens the door it reveals a big and beautifully decorated building. It has round tables that can seat four people to a whole family. Chandeliers that are big and more mesmerizing than anything I've seen. And people from powerful and rich, to pro heroes.

"And you said this place wasn't fancy," I tease, walking through the door and taking his arm again, intertwining.

"Did I say nice? I meant extravagant," Enji says, teasing me back. We both grin at each other for a split second before resuming back to walking through the restaurant.

Enji walks towards the front desk just a few steps away to the right. "Hi, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I booked a reservation under the name Endeavor," I look up at him in surprise.

The front desk lady goes to the gigantic tablet resting on the desk and scrolls through, what I can only guess to be the reservations list. "Ah, Endeavor. Fukudo will show you to your table. Enjoy."

"Thank you. Have a good night," Enji finally meets my eyes when we walk towards Fukudo, chuckling at my lost expression. "What?"

"Well for starters this place is far from just nice. And second, why didn't you use your name?" I asked, looking around the restaurant.

"I don't want the people to know my name. It's one of the many things I'd like to keep private. Many heroes actually do that," Enji's eyes light up, like he had just been hit with a rock. "Don't you keep your name a secret too?"

I stiffen up, not realizing I had been doing the same. "Uh—no. Just nobody's asked is all."

"Riight," Enji smirks as we finally approach Fukudo.

"Hello, my name is Fukudo and I will be your server for tonight. Follow me," Fukudo said, bowing.

I didn't think this place could get any bigger, but it did: we pass through a pair of purple curtains just a few feet away from the front desk, leading down a long curved hallway, revealing many private rooms with only the same type of purple curtains to act as privacy.

We get seated into one of the private rooms, which is big enough for a family of 5. Fukudo gives us menus for both drinks and food and goes outside. "The word big is an understatement when describing this place."

"Still thinking about how big this place is?" Enji chuckles at my wowed face. "I'm surprised you haven't came here before. A lot of pro heroes come here."

We both make our way to the bar booth cushions, sitting at a cozy length apart. "I've heard a lot about pro heroes coming here. But I didn't want to run into press or anything like that."

"You don't have to worry about that. No press or anything are allowed to bring equipment in here. And if they try to sneak it in, they can get fined for harassment," Enji says, handing me a menu each.

I take both menus, surprised by the weight of them. "What do you usually get here?"

"Mm...depends. There's more things than just ramen. Steak, pasta, sushi—just about anything you can think of is here," Enji says, flipping through the food menu.

I follow suit and flip through the menu, and he was not lying. There really was just about almost anything I could think of here. "Have you ever met any other pro heroes here? Like one of the top ten?"