Chapter Thirteen | Coincidence

After we both finished eating, we drank and talked about random things for about a good 15 minutes. Enji calls for Fukudo to grab the check, giving a generous amount for tip.

"Are you ready to go?" Enji asks, holding out his arm for me to take.

I look up at Enji and smile, intertwining arms in a joking manner. "Yep. Let's go."

We walk out of the booth, spotting All Might and a woman together inside, looking very cozy. I snicker when Enji stares at the couple, slowly walking away with his eyes still glued to the surprising sight.

"Wow. I knew he was with a woman earlier but—I didn't think it was that serious. She seems young," I said, finally turning my head to face forward.

Enji turns his head to my direction. "Is that—is that Incognito..?!"

We thank the front desk lady and make our way out of the restaurant, finally facing Enji. "The Incognito? What's the number two hero doing with All Might?"

"The first time I see her in years and she's with him," I laugh at the emphasis on 'him'.

I look at Enji, my eyes turning big. "Did you know he was seeing Incognito?"

"No, I didn't. We're a few houses away from each other. Incognito too. And as you can see, she's too busy to talk to me," Enji grumbles, a laugh threatening to escape my mouth.

"Wait—Incognito was in the same year as you in U.A right?" I asked, looking up at the starry night.

"Yeah. We actually got along well, and had everything in common—but the fact that she liked All Might," Enji glances at random things as we walk down the block.

"Aww, are you jealous that your longtime friend isn't hanging out with you?" You tease, staring into his eyes mischievously.

Enji glares at me and pouts. "N—no...don't be crazy."

"Mhm, sureeee," I happily sway side to side, satisfied with tonight. "I have a question."

"Hmm?" Enji asks, looking at me for a brief moment.

"Why're you always throwing shade towards All Might? You know he's three years older than you. So he's technically your elder," I snicker, receiving a glare from Enji.

"I think it's time to go back home," Enji ignores my remark and makes his way to the car again, making me laugh more.

Enji opens the car door for me, then making his way to the driver's side. "I have a missed call. Do you mind if I take it?"

"Go ahead," Enji answers, starting the car and exiting the parking lot.

Enji's POV: Car Ride

"Hello? What...no...I can't. Where are you...I'm out with someone right now. Shut up Hizashi,"I laugh at the conversation Y/N's having, showing her playful/sarcastic side. I steal a glance at Y/N, not sure what came over me. But I don't necessarily regret looking.

Damn. That dress looks so good on her. What—No. She probably just thinks I'm some guy with anger issues. She might not even be thinking of me like that in the slightest. But she just looks so...

"Hizashi, stop asking me a billion questions...Why? Because this isn't about me—this was about you losing something at my house...I'm going to hang up on you if you don't stop...you know what—bye," Y/N hangs up on Hizashi and puts her phone back into her purse.

I laugh and turn to face Y/N for a brief moment before facing the road again. "Nosy I assume?"

"Sigh...very. I say I'm out with someone and he decides to play 20 questions with me, instead of telling me what he lost," Y/N says, putting her fingertip on her temple.