Chapter Twenty Four | Deception

"What in the world..?" Aizawa uses his index and thumb to further separate the blinds, trying to get a better look at the scene.

Aizawa's eyes widen when he sees the number one hero stumbling out the car...with you in his arms. He strains his eyes in order to catch Endeavor take out a pair of keys and open your door.

Has he always had a spare key?

He lets go of the blinds and lets them snap back into place, going over to get his phone and text Hizashi. Hey, you up? When you see this message, get over here.

***

knock knock~

Aizawa jolts out of his seat and quickly opens the door and pulls Hizashi inside the house, alarming him. He shuts the door and guides him towards the couch.

"Hey...everything alright with you?" Hizashi asks, looking at his friend with caution.

"What—yes—I'm fine."

"Ookay, sure," Hizashi's cool demeanor returns when he sees the grumpiness return on Aizawa's face. "What's up man?"

"I just saw Endeavor carrying y/n inside of her house. He even had the keys to it." Aizawa feels a rush of relief when he sees the same shocked expression on Hizashi.

Hizashi leans closer towards Aizawa, propping his elbows on his knees. "What?! Endeavor was carrying y/n into her home—and had a spare key on him?!"

"Yeah, I don't even know when they got close enough to do all that." Aizawa said, leaning onto the edge of the couch. "They obviously seem to be more than just boss and colleague."

"Wow. I mean—I knew she has a crush on him—but—Endeavor—the number one hero—carrying her into her home? The world is full of surprises." Hizashi lets out a low whistle, smirking at the thought.

Aizawa watches Hizashi get off the couch, going over towards the blinds. "What are you doing?"

"Since I'm here, might as well make it worth while," Hizashi said, peering through the blinds.

Aizawa gets up and walks over towards the blinds, standing side by side with Hizashi. "What's taking him so long to just get her home? He's most likely found her room already..."

"$50 says they're making out right now?" Aizawa slowly turns his head towards Hizashi, knocking him over the head with his fist and resuming his peeping. "Ow..."

"Next time, keep it to yourself." Aizawa grumbles, trying to see past the reflection from his living room on the window.

Hizashi rubs the bump on his head, also trying to squint past the light. "You were thinking it too-and you can't deny it either."

Aizawa bites back another punch, because even though he was getting defensive about the lude theory said by Hizashi about his cousin, a part of him was thinking the same thing.

***

Enji's POV: House

He hurriedly kicks off his shoes and makes his way upstairs, already knowing where your bedroom is. After getting in many awkward positions to get the handle to turn plus the handicap from the sleeping figure in his arms, he finally gets the door open.

"Okay, let's get you in bed," Enji leans down, flinging the blanket to the other side of the bed so that he could set you down in the middle. He slowly places the blanket on top of you, your arms on top.

"See you tomorrow—"

Just when he was about to pull away and free his arm, a new profound strength in you pulls Enji into the bed, faces barely an inch from each other.

"...Or not."

"Don't go...please."

Enji looks down to get a better look of your face, seeing that you were talking in your sleep again. Feeling one-sided embarrassment, he tilts his chin upward, so that his face wasn't as close to yours anymore.

After waiting a good five minutes of laying dead still, Enji attempts to sneak out of your grasp, but to no avail, as you pulled him even closer to you, your face against his chest.

"P—please...I don't have anyone else."

Instincts kicking in, and Enji caresses your head, saying sweet nothings as a way to soothe you. "I'm not going anywhere, y/n. I'm right here...I'm right here..."

You soon fall back to sleep, your muscles relaxing. Enji unknowingly rests his head atop of yours, a part of him not wanting to get too close to you, but also not removing his hand from your hair.

***

Enji jolts awake, his body naturally waking up with a pit of uneasiness inside him. He reaches for his phone, panic written all over him when he sees the time. 4:09 a.m. It was 12.

He just slept in a woman's bedroom.

Despite his panic, he manages to escape your grasp swiftly, but carefully, straightening out his back from the forced position. He sees the keys on the floor; must've slipped from when he got hauled into the bed.

He picks up the keys and slips them back into your purse, then turning back towards the bed to say a quick "goodnight", and tiptoe out the room and out the house, looking around like he's a wanted runaway.

Meanwhile...

Hizashi lays on the floor hopeless, fighting every urge to not fall asleep right there on the floor without seeing at least something interesting happen.

Just when all hope was lost and he was about to get up and crash on the couch for the night, y/n's door opens, revealing the number one hero fleeing the scene.

"Aizawa, He—" Hizashi cuts himself off when he sees Aizawa slouched against the window, already have fallen asleep on the chill ground. "Always sleeping, you."

Hizashi chuckles, wrapping Aizawa's arm around his neck before hauling him up, guiding him to his bedroom. He drops Aizawa onto his bed, to his not-so-much-surprise, he doesn't move a muscle or react to the sudden movement. Not so much as a groan.

"See ya at school man." Hizashi flings the blanket onto Aizawa and waves him goodbye, closing the door and skipping down the stairs and out the door, jogging to his own house down the street, until...

Hizashi stops in his tracks, seeing Endeavor standing outside of y/n's house like he doesn't know what to do next. Like he doesn't want to leave. Hizashi hides behind a tree, which is just big enough to cover his body.

"Now I'm really curious..." Hizashi mumbled, seeing Endeavor stare up at the house for a long amount of time.

Just when Hizashi was trying to get a better look at the view, he steps onto a rogue branch, stirring panic into Endeavor once more. Endeavor looks around, his eyes frantically searching all over the place.

Not wanting to give anyone a chance to see, or see any more than what they already witnessed, he unlocks his car and quickly starts it, driving off down the block to his rightful home.

Hizashi steps out of his hiding spot as soon as Endeavor's car had passed where he was, his hands resting on his hips.

"Crap." He kicks the branch and watches it fly a few inches, continuing his journey home.

Just when he started feeling disappointed for indirectly giving himself away, a thought appears and a smile forms.

"Something tells me this isn't going to be the last time."