𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

TW
Death, small mentions of blood

Most would say today was normal, they go to work or school. Meet up with friends and continue on with their day till they return home, alive and well.
But most are wrong.
Today was not normal. It may have began the same but it's coming to an end and at 11:20 pm. I'm sitting next to my lover,

William Vincent Afton

The love of my life, my other half, my husband. He lay in the bed, bandaged.

Spring locks, they sound simple but are in fact quite the opposite. The slightest bit of moisture and they snap. Returning to their original form.
When one is in the suit and these go off, you are basically dead.

"Pardon me, would you like some water?" The nurse held out a small paper cup.
"No thank you." I stared at William, his breathing hitching, the bandages becoming a light pink from the blood.
"I'm not sure how to say this," I glanced up at the nurse, his eyes filled with remorse. "I don't think he will make it, might want to say everything you think he needs to know before it's to late." He walked out shutting the door as careful as possible. I stood up walking to Williams side, I grabbed his hand.
" William, my love, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything that has happened to you. I wish I could've convinced you to stay home today. I wish this never happened, I wish we could just be home. I wish I could go back in time." I felt tears stream down my face, leaving a stinging feeling.
" I- please just make it through this, I'll be by your side this whole time, night and day. Ill sleep on that damned couch until you are better, until you wake up. My love I'm not sure if you can even hear me, but I love you so much. I love you to the moon and back." My hands trembled as I sat back down, watching him, waiting for something. The beep of the heart monitor being the only thing keeping the room noisy. The beeps sped up, rapidly.
I glanced up, is something wrong? The beeps slowed down and kept getting slower and slower.

𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐩

𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

I ran out the door and screamed calling for someone, anyone. But I was to late.

"Time of death 1:02 am."

"NO PLEASE NO!" I sobbed, and sobbed for hours. My eyes a steaming red, my nose running, my hands trembling.
"This isn't real!" I pinched my arm, only to be met with more pain. 

I stayed in his room one last night before getting kicked out by staff. Home didn't feel like home anymore. Only memories of him filled this wretched place. His pictures on the walls, our wedding photo. His clothes in the closet, his cologne lingered all throughout the house.

1 week later a funeral was held. I expected everyone to show at 1:45- 2:00.

Yet no one came, not even Henry. It was only you who stood outside next to his grave. Flowers in hand. Specifically purple Gladiolus, his favorite.
You carefully placed them down.
"I have so much I want to say but I don't know where to start." You chuckled slightly before wiping your eyes.

"William, I'm sorry. I sorry I can't have our children. We can't get a dog and cat like you always wanted, or get a farm house and watch our kids grow up. I'm sorry we can't build our dream home by the lake you grew up by. I'm sorry we can't see our kids weddings, we can't meet their children. I'm sorry I can't grow old with you. What I would give to see your sweet beautiful smile again, to hear your voice, to see you. I would give anything in the world to see you even if it was just for a second. I miss you, I miss your hugs, your kisses, your laugh.
I'll miss out random conversations, our afternoon chess games, our afternoon tea and morning coffee where we watch the sunset and sunrise of the roof. I'll miss your cuddles, I'll miss everything about you. Im so glad I met you, I just wish I didn't have to say goodbye. My love, my husband, my best friend, my world. I love you so much.

𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲."

WC 744