Chapter 4: Magic Bullet

Chapter Four: Magic Bullet

Chapter Song: Streets of Philadelphia by The Fray

☾☾☾ 

While I had hoped the weekend would have been uneventful, it was jam packed with anything and everything werewolf. Garrison Myers had passed away Saturday night, with his wounds being the cause of his untimely demise. I guess a slashed throat from a werewolf could do that to you. 

Scott had taken the news of Myers passing hard, which ultimately led to him picking a fight with Derek. After getting his ass handed to him, Scott had learned about the Alpha. Derek admitted that the Alpha was the other werewolf in town and the Alpha was in fact the wolf who bit Scott. Not Derek—who we had been blaming all along. And while the weekend was filled with Scott spending quality—and unwanted—time with Derek, it was filled with my own silent mantras about how much I despised him and his attitude. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that the reason he was such an ass was because of his family's death. But I began to believe he was just born that way. Every time I thought about how I allowed Derek Hale to give me a ride home and drop my guard down for two seconds made me want to kick myself in the face. Twice.

"Wait, what?" I stopped short in my tracks after hearing Allison utter the words that Scott was coming over to her house. Allison, Lydia, and I were walking to our lockers with just five minutes of the day left.

"Scott's coming over tonight?" Lydia gawked.

"We're just studying together." Allison innocently defended.

"Studying isn't just studying. It's like getting into a hot tub. Somebody's eventually got to cop a feel." Lydia shrugged. My face cringed. 

"Oh God, I might throw up." I grimaced. 

"So what are you saying?" Allison wondered.

"I'm just saying; make sure he covers up." Lydia winked.

"Lydia." I groaned, shooting her a glare to quit it. Allison cocked her head in confusion. 

"Hello snow white, I'm talking about a condom!" Lydia cried, as if it was her objective goal to make me sick.

"Are you kidding? After one date?" Allison laughed the awkward situation off.

"Don't be a total prude. Give him a little taste." It was more like an order than a suggestion.

"Lydia!" I exclaimed.

"I mean...how much is a little taste?" Allison timidly asked.

"Okay, that's my cue to leave. Goodbye." I sang as I turned on my heel and walked down the stairs, leaving the two girls to giggle at how they taunted me. The shrill school bell rang and out came a swarm of students. I pushed my way through the buzzing hallway and rushed to Stiles' last class to find him just walking out.

"Hey! Hey!" I called out. Stiles turned around and waved his fingers towards me.

"What's up?" He asked as we began heading to the parking lot. "Can you drop me off? Scott's got a date with Allison."

"First of all, yeah he does!" Stiles cheered. "But yeah, I've got you." 

"I've got to go grab a book from my locker. Pick me up at the front?" I asked. Stiles exaggeratedly groaned.

"I'm leaving without your ass if you take too long!" He threatened.

"Yes, mom." I threw my hands up in defense and quickly rushed to my locker while Stiles went to his car. After punching in the combination, I yanked open the lock and quickly grabbed my history book out, tossing it into my backpack. Knowing Stiles would already be waiting in the lot for me, I rushed back to the front of the school.