Chapter Thirty-Four: Master Plan (Part 3)

Chapter Song: Dancing After Death by Matt Mason

☾☾☾

Shit.

It was the only word that came to mind

Gerard's wrathful demand echoed throughout the warehouse. The Kanima looked over to Gerard, processing his command. I bolted over to Derek, crouching beside him and attempted to get him off the floor. He was in no shape to fight, his bloody body had hardly healed from the events from tonight. Gerard withered to the ground unconscious, catching the Kanima off guard. It let go of it's tight grasp on Allison's neck as it watched it's master lay face down in a pool of black blood. Taking advantage of the distraction, Allison elbowed it in the face and managed to sprint away from it's side. The Kanima hissed, its reptilian eyes aiming on Allison. Before any of us could make a move, a loud crash echoed in the warehouse as one of the garage doors came tumbling down in a cloud of debris. Stiles Jeep came barreling through the wall and ran directly into the Kanima. The car's breaks squealed as it slammed to a stop. 

"Did I get him?" Stiles screeched from the drivers seat, his eyes squeezed shut. I stood back up, a disbelieve laugh bubbling past my lips as relief washed over me to see Stiles and Lydia sitting in the car.  The relief didn't last long as the Kanima quickly recovered from being hit. It jumped on the hood of the Jeep causing Stiles to emit a long, terrified scream. The two teens fumbled out of the Jeeps passenger side as quickly as possible. Stiles ran straight to Scott's side while Lydia stood right in front of the Kanima. 

"Jackson!" She shrieked, catching its undivided attention. The Kanima jumped off the Jeeps hood and reeled his claws back, preparing to rip into Lydia. 

"Lydia!" Stiles and I screamed simultaneously. Scott held Stiles back as he launched himself forward. Derek, still healing on the ground, grabbed lightly onto my jean clad leg, signaling for me not to move. Lydia held up a small brass object in her hand, squeezing her eyes shut as she feared the inevitable. The Kanima froze, going into a memorized trance as he glared at the object. 

It was a key. A house key. 

The warehouse became deadly silent. Lydia's heavy breathing echoed throughout the room. With a clawed arm still lingering in the air, the Kanima slowly began to turn back into Jackson. His reptilian eyes turned back to normal as hints of recognition glimmered in his blue orbs. His scaled, snake like skin slowly began turning back to its usual alabaster. Jackson took the key into his still clawed fingertips, now fully recognizing the redhead that stood before him. Jackson's chest deflated in defeat, the reality of him being the Kanima hitting him harder than Stiles' Jeep. 

Derek grunted in pain as he attempted to stand from the ground, his body still partially uneasy. His eyes darted around the room, quickly ignited into a fiery red when they found what he was looking for. Jackson took a step back from Lydia as he met Derek's glare. The blonde closed his eyes, a tear slipping down his cheek, as he slowly nodded, accepting his fate. In a swift motion, Derek used all his remaining strength and pounced up from the ground, charging at Jackson. Peter, who had disappeared until this very moment, jumped out from behind a pillar and rushed towards Jackson. Simultaneously, the two wolves plunged their claws into Jackson's body, 

My hands flew up to my mouth, hushing the gasp that inevitably escaped past my lips. Jackson choked for air as the two lifted him off the ground, their claws sinking deeper into his abdomen. Derek and Peter unhinged their claws from Jackson's body, letting him drop unstably to his feet. I backed up, tears clouding my vision as I watched the scene continue to unfold. Jackson tumbled to the ground and Lydia rushed forward to catch him. A now human Derek looked at me, my shaking hands falling to my side as I looked at Jackson. Derek backed up, standing beside me, as he remorsefully watched the outcome of what he had just done. Even knowing that this was for the better, guilt still struck every inch of him.