Chapter Twelve: Co-Captain

Chapter Eleven: Co-Captain Chapter 

Song: White Teeth Teens by Lorde

☾☾☾

"Allison, I thought we were going formal dress shopping." I blew a piece of hair out of my face as the heel of my boot sunk into the moist dirt of the forest floor. "If I knew we were going hiking, I would have worn a something a bit more...not this." Allison chuckled as she adjudged the black duffle bag on her shoulder. Lydia glanced over to me, struggling to keep up in her 5 inch designer heels. While Lydia and I had believed we were going shopping to find something to wear to the winter formal, Allison had other plans. She currently had us trudging through the woods to an unknown destination.

"It'll be quick." She assured. "Before I forget, Lydia, I wanted to see if you were okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal." Allison announced. Lydia's eyes went wide and my brows raised, curious if Allison was truly going to the dance with Jackson.

"Did he?" Lydia squeaked. 

"Mhm, just as friends. But I wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Lydia pursed her lips together, holding back a frustrated scream.

"Sure." She wheezed. "As long as it's just friends." The redhead eyed Allison.

"Well yeah" Allison chuckled, "it's not like I'd take him to the coaches office during lacrosse practice and make out with him or anything." I stopped in my track and smacked Lydia on the shoulder.

"Ow!" She yelped.

"Well deserved." I hissed, curious how Allison found out about that. Allison continued walking. Lydia looked to me, wondering if I'd continue my yelling tirade at her that I had begun earlier, but I threw my hands up in exasperation. I yelled at her enough about Scott, it was a waste of my breath. 

"Uh, about that." Lydia called as we went to catch up with her. Another several minutes passed as we trekked through the woods in an uncomfortable silence. Allison, finally finding the right spot to stop and do whatever it is she took us other for, tossed the duffle bag onto the ground. The brunette crouched to the ground and began taking metal pieces out of the bag, quickly fitting them together like a puzzle.

"What in the hell is that?" I glared, watching Allison wrap her nimble fingers around what began to look like an arrow. I froze, wondering if her father had given her the weapon and if he told her what they were used for.

"And more importantly, what does it do?" Lydia wondered.

"We're about to find out." Allison smirked. Allison ignored me as she stood up and aimed her bow and now-built arrow at a tree a few yards away from us. She let go of the bow, the arrow zipping through the air and exploding into a sea of sparks as it came in contact with the center of the tree. Lydia and I jumped back in shock. My jaw tightened, realizing that what Allison had put together wasn't a normal arrow, it was something to hunt werewolves with.

"What the hell was that?" Lydia whispered.

"I don't know." Allison mumbled, looking at the remnants of the arrow in amazement.

"Where did you learn to shoot that good?" I casually questioned, seeing that the arrow was deadest in the middle of the tree.

"I don't know." She repeated with a shrug. Had she lied about knowing where to shoot from? 

"Well," Lydia clapped her hands together, "that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia and I walked over to the brunette as we watched the sparks and flames from the arrow extinguish.