Chapter Twenty Five: Raving

Chapter Song: The Night Out by Martin Solveig 

☾☾☾

"Shouldn't Stiles be here?" I asked, pacing the lobby of the animal clinic. Scott walked to the front door, unlocking it as we awaited for Derek to arrive. While tailing Jackson last night, Scott followed him to an abandoned warehouse downtown  where tickets for something called a secret show were being sold. From what I heard, the show was some kind of pop up rave. From what I also heard, we couldn't afford to get in at $75 a pop. 

"He's with his dad. We'll fill him in on everything before tomorrow night." Scott shrugged off.

I leaned against one of the walls, crossing my arms across my chest. "And what happens if we can't manage to scrub up over two-hundred bucks?"

"We'll figure it out, Hale." Scott assured as he pushed open the door, the bell quietly dinging as my brother nodded to Derek. "What's he doing here?" Scott quickly asked, annoyance laced into his voice. My brows furrowed as I looked to the door, the darkness of the night only meeting me until Derek walked through the door with Isaac by his side.

"I need him." Derek replied.

"I don't trust him." Scott seethed.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac nonchalantly scoffed.

"And Derek really doesn't care!" He exclaimed.

"Are you three done?" I sighed, glaring between the wolves. Derek sighed in annoyance as I stepped forward. 

"Where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not?" Derek asked.

"That depends." Deaton said from behind me. I craned my neck around to see him leaning against the door frame. I turned back to look at the boys, who seemed genuinely surprised to see him. "Your friend Jackson, are you planning to kill him or save him?"

"Save him." Scott said just as Derek stated 'kill him'. I rolled my eyes, shooting glares over to Derek. 

"Save him." Scott forcefully stated, gritting the phrase through his teeth. Derek's face fell flat and he rolled his eyes. "Save him." Scott repeated. Deaton nodded, finally eyeing Derek. I did the same, glaring at him until he caved.

"Fine." He muttered under his breath.

"Right this way, then." Deaton offered, leading the four of us into a back room. The group gathered around the metal examination table while Deaton went over to one of the cabinets, grabbing what seemed to be a spice rack and placing it in front of us. Isaac reached forward, only for his hand to be swatted away by Derek. 

"Watch what you touch." Derek warned. Isaac frowned in response. I glared at the jars in front of me. Each had a symbol on the cap.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say these aren't regular spices." I figured.

"Correct." Deaton answered with a faint chuckle.

"So," Isaac leaned forward against the table, "what are you, some kind of witch?" Deaton proceeded to shuffle through the jars of his supernatural spices. 

"No." He answered, seriously. "I'm a veterinarian." 

"Oh." Isaac frowned. 

"Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be effective defense against a paralytic toxin." Deaton informed.

"We're open to suggestions." Derek added.

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac asked.

"We already tried. I nearly ripped its head off. Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."