Chapter Twenty-Three: Frenemy (Part 2)

Chapter Song: Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People

☾☾☾

"You're kidding me, right?" I yelled as I slammed the door of the Porsche shut, trudging myself up to a nervous Scott and Stiles. "Because I know this wasn't your genius plan." I threw my hands up, motioning the the stolen police van and the woods we found ourselves in the middle of. The two boys uncomfortably shifted their weight, awkwardly laughing in response. 

"I never said it was genius." Stiles corrected with an awkward smile.

"What were you thinking?" I cried. "Actually, don't answer that. You weren't thinking!" 

"We panicked!" Scott replied in a breath of anxiety. "What do we do wit him?"

"How am I supposed to know!" Scott threw his hands up in defense as I cried out to him.

"We already cleaned him up and changed him out of his bloody clothes—"

"I changed him out of his bloody clothes. And putting those sweatpants on him was not a pretty sight. I don't like seeing other men's junk that up close and personal!" Stiles corrected.

"So you're okay seeing it from far away?" I teased with the raise of my brow. Stiles paused in confusion.

"Wait, no that's not what I meant. I—" I rolled my eyes and cut Stiles off.

"Has he woken up yet?" The boys shook their heads. 

"He's healing though." Scott assured.

"I vote we just let him heal and—" Stiles clapped his hands together loudly— "be on our merry way. Get a good nights sleep, pretend this never happened?"

"We can't just leave him out here alone. What if he goes full homicidal lizard and breaks out?" I reasoned. 

"I don't think we could do something even if he wasn't alone." Stiles retorted.

"A little bit of optimism here, Stiles?" I sighed, running a hand over my face. "I'm the only person with a brain here right now and not to mention it wasn't my idea to steal police property and kidnap Jackson." 

"But you thought it was a good idea to steal Jackson's car?" Scott realized, his eyes bulging. 

"I didn't steal it, he let me borrow it when we thought Lydia was about to be werewolf meat." Scott and Stiles looked at each other with raised brows. "Dude, he left it at the house and it's easier to get around on than a bike. I'll get rid of it in the morning." I added after their judgmental stares wore my down. 

"Okay, what's our plan?" Stiles asked. 

"You watch him first while Scott and I get some sleep." I stated, throwing my thumb to the side to motion at the Jeep.

"What! Why me?" He screeched.

"Because this was your stupid plan." I shot back.

"You can't leave me on Jackson shift while you two sleep. What if he gets out without me hearing and then BAM, slits my throat and you two don't even know?" I rolled my eyes, biting my tongue from saying any more. 

"I'll watch him first." Scott sighed, any hopes of him sleeping tonight were washed out. "I'll be able to hear if anything happens."

"Have fun, little bro." I wished, quickly turning on my heel and making my way to the Jeep. I settled myself into the passenger seat, lowering it to the farthest possible setting so I'd be laying down. I plucked my phone out of my jean pocket and placed it in the cup holder, positioning myself to find a comfortable way to lay. Just as I began to settle into the peeling leather seats, Stiles hopped into the drivers seat.